Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The First Step
Well, I finally did it...

I came out to my mother

I still can't believe I did.

Anyway, she was very supportive and of course told me that I should have said something sooner. Thats the type of person she is. Soon the dominos will start falling one by one.

I'm a bit speechless, so sorry for the lack of details.

But I do want to thank the members around here who have been a huge help and encouragement. Thank you so much guys!Xyxthumbs

Well Congrats to you. Its always a good thing to come out to the ones we love.

Woot! Congratulations!

Thanks.

Anyway, now I've had a night to sleep on it. It still feels a bit like a dream. I figure though I should say how it happened.

Over the last couple weeks I convinced myself that I was going to come out no matter what when I saw my parents. So I went home this weekend, and of course for most of the weekend I chickened out, but I really didn't want to leave until I had told at least someone. So I was at my mother's place and we were watching tv (will & grace and the Simpsons) and it was getting later in the day and I was getting anxious and nervous, so I started pacing around.

Anyone who knows me IRL, knows that I tend to pace a lot for various reasons. Anyway, my mother at first thought I was getting anxious to leave, and I told no, not yet. Anyway, this went on for about an hour, until she said "Is something bothering you?"

I sighed and said "yeah"
"Tell me what it is, how many times do I have to tell you, you can tell me anything"

"I know, I know, just give me a second" so I took a deep breath.
"I'm sorry I waited so long to say this" I sat down on the couch and looked over and just spat it out "I am gay." then I looked straight ahead and said "fuck, I can't believe I just said that"

then my mother told me not to be so foolish and I should have said something sooner. She thought when I had something serious to tell her that I was dying or something. So we talked about it and how she wouldn't say anything to anyone because it was something I needed to do. So after awhile, I had to go because I had a long drive home, and she made sure to assure me that being gay didn't make a difference and that everything would be fine.

Thus it happened. The closet door is pretty well off its hinges now.

Fantastic news Smile Am made up for you. Maybe it's time you had a coming out party. I think we should be entitled to those, like legally we should get an allowance or something...

awsome news dude!!!!!

Can i get some of your Courage for when i do it??

welldone very good telling your mum

Hell yeah, major kudos to you my friend. That's one of my big problems is the idea of telling my parents. I just hope my timing is as well thought out as yours, congrats!
Invasion

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(cheers)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing your story.