Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Future of Video Gaming
Video games have come a long way. Video games have evolved from a simple game of table tennis (Pong) to shooting the crap out of multiple people in the latest Halo game. So what do you think is next?

In my opinion, I can see the stereotypical future video games coming around sometime in 20-30 years from now. I can see a virtual headset and all of that stuff you may have seen in movies become a reality. We're not that far away from that.

All i can say is. I agree.:tongue:
Although i can see it spliting into Virtual Reality(Putting you in the game) and Something i'd call Hollographic Reality(Bringing the game to you).
Though to be honest i think VR is alot cheapper and would be MUCH easier to achive. Maybe HR(Patent pending.:tongueSmile would come after?
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

It's gonna be exciting to be playing games even more advanced than the games that are out right now. I have a real big feeling that Nintendo will come out with something mind-blowing. The Virtual Boy was almost like that... but it's gonna be on a much grander scale. I trust Nintendo, they've been around in the video game industry for 30 years or so. They know what they're doing. They always look for these new innovations.

I hope that Sega can get back on track and hopefully they might release a new console in the future. I totally hope so. It's possible, but it's highly unlikely. We'll have to see what Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft have to offer. Perhaps a new face to the video game industry may come out with something that will really astound a lot of people. Who knows, Magnavox might make a comeback. Or the resurrection of Atari (doubt it). We just don't know exactly what the future of video gaming will be. All I know is that it's going to be amazing and it's definitely worth the wait.

Cutieboy Wrote:It's gonna be exciting to be playing games even more advanced than the games that are out right now. I have a real big feeling that Nintendo will come out with something mind-blowing. The Virtual Boy was almost like that... but it's gonna be on a much grander scale. I trust Nintendo, they've been around in the video game industry for 30 years or so. They know what they're doing. They always look for these new innovations.

I hope that Sega can get back on track and hopefully they might release a new console in the future. I totally hope so. It's possible, but it's highly unlikely. We'll have to see what Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft have to offer. Perhaps a new face to the video game industry may come out with something that will really astound a lot of people. Who knows, Magnavox might make a comeback. Or the resurrection of Atari (doubt it). We just don't know exactly what the future of video gaming will be. All I know is that it's going to be amazing and it's definitely worth the wait.
I heard a rumour Sega was testing the water to release a new console.("RUMOUR" being the major word in that sentance)

Magnavox?:confused:

And yeah, i think nintendo are a great company. I've been a fan of there systems since....forever.:biggrin: Just wish they weren't so....casual now days.:redface:

I'm okay with Microsoft.Confusedmile:

And i don't like Sony on a general electronics level. Their products are generally over priced for what you get, and its just because their name is pasted across the front.
People seem to think they are a good name. Sure they are reliable. But they are over priced and seem to play their popularity to their advantage. Making me think of them as big headed.

Wow, I would love to see Sega totally making a new console. That will be great and hopefully it'll sell better than the Dreamcast.

Magnavox. Yes, they released a console called the Odyssey. The world's first home console (kinda skeptical on that, but definitely one of the first). To learn more about it, go here. Magnavox Odyssey That would be so incredible if they do make something in the future. After all they made one of the first consoles, if not the first one.

Oh, Yeah i've seen the Odyessey.(Thanks to AVGN)
Yeah i think that company's long gone.:tongue:
But yeah. I eagarly await the next wave of consoles.(Which should be arriving anytime now really......)

I know. How long are PS3, XBox 360 and Wii going to last? They're not even considered Next Gen consoles anymore.

PS3 and 360 are supposedly on 10-year plans.

SrChulo Wrote:PS3 and 360 are supposedly on 10-year plans.

:eek:

Seriously?! Geez... well that's real no fun. I was hoping for PS4 and/or 720. Biggrinflip

Cutieboy Wrote:I know. How long are PS3, XBox 360 and Wii going to last? They're not even considered Next Gen consoles anymore.

Well... I disagree that the 360 is not next-gen anymore, as Microsoft released the new 360 Slim over the summer with upgraded hardware and performance.