Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gay Friend
I don't see why some people complain so much about being a girl's "gay friend." I love playing that role. I like to shop, eat, and talk with them about things only girls and gays can understand. I get why some people would rather be just "a friend." I mean, it is kind of stereotyping them, so I see what they mean, but I like playing this part. It's fun and so me. What's wrong with that?

people complain about anything and everything, its an excellent friendship.

I appreciate my GFs (hags). I can see not wanting them to introduce you as "my gay friend" but, I also see why they might in some situations.

Its something I have a love/hate relationship with.

It used to annoy me when my friend Linda would introduce me to others by saying something like "This is my friend Chris, hands off, he's gay."

I view my sexuality as only a very little part of what makes me the person I am. Yeah, it used to annoy me when people did things like this...but hey, they don't mean any harm by it, I've just ignored it since. What does it accomplish complaining about petty things like that?

I went to school with many girls, majoring in fashion design, the well known major in my high school. I was also one of the VERY few guys in the major. No one knew I was gay. I was very friendly with many of the girls in my class, and they told me their stories and issues like I was one of the girls. Really, they did. I made very few guy friends in high school - one.

Which brings me to the question: is that why I'm much more comfortable around girls than guys? I don't remember how to make new friends with a guy. I don't know how to talk to a guy. I am very intimidated by guys, hot looking, taller, smarter, more... just more... :confused:

BellyNel Wrote:I went to school with many girls, majoring in fashion design, the well known major in my high school. I was also one of the VERY few guys in the major. No one knew I was gay. I was very friendly with many of the girls in my class, and they told me their stories and issues like I was one of the girls. Really, they did. I made very few guy friends in high school - one.

Which brings me to the question: is that why I'm much more comfortable around girls than guys? I don't remember how to make new friends with a guy. I don't know how to talk to a guy. I am very intimidated by guys, hot looking, taller, smarter, more... just more... :confused:

I am the exact reverse of that, Woman are evil demons who will try to rip out my soul. (unless your rainbowmum---she chooses you rip you out of existance) XD. Seriously though, I actually have ALOT of trouble getting along with women.

Although ultimately it is about the individual and that is all that matters...I have found myself enjoying the company and friendship of lesbians versus what some people call fag hags (I HATE that term) pretty much my whole life. I am not really into clothes or fashion or shopping so that connection is lost on me.

They dont' introduce me as their "gay friend":biggrin:

They probably want to be treated as any other friend of the girl's, rather than an "accessory".

Puck Wrote:Its something I have a love/hate relationship with.

It used to annoy me when my friend Linda would introduce me to others by saying something like "This is my friend Chris, hands off, he's gay."

I view my sexuality as only a very little part of what makes me the person I am. Yeah, it used to annoy me when people did things like this...but hey, they don't mean any harm by it, I've just ignored it since. What does it accomplish complaining about petty things like that?

I like hearing this. Too often I see people who make their sexuality their whole personality.

LOL......... I love this thread. :biggrin: Confusedmile:

To be serious. Women and their friends...........

........... Lots of women love the friendship they can have with gay men. One of the reasons is that a relationship of nothing but pure friendship is wonderul whereas a friendship with a straight man -- well sometimes sooner or later, they start suggesting more to the friendship. VILE!!!!!!!............... Well not all of them but MOST Of them will start sooner or later or they think it.........
.........and the main reason that women love to be friends with you all is that you guys make the best friends ever.......

Confusedmile: Confusedmile: Confusedmile: Confusedmile: Confusedmile:

lizzielee Wrote:LOL......... I love this thread. :biggrin: Confusedmile:

To be serious. Women and their friends...........

........... Lots of women love the friendship they can have with gay men. One of the reasons is that a relationship of nothing but pure friendship is wonderul whereas a friendship with a straight man -- well sometimes sooner or later, they start suggesting more to the friendship. VILE!!!!!!!............... Well not all of them but MOST Of them will start sooner or later or they think it.........
.........and the main reason that women love to be friends with you all is that you guys make the best friends ever.......

Confusedmile: Confusedmile: Confusedmile: Confusedmile: Confusedmile:

The friendship of some women with gay men tend to work well since there is no sexual pressure and as you said is pure friendship and is more relaxed since there are no second intentions that with straight men may be.