Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gay Scene - do I fit?
ShinigamiLegend Wrote:Interesting most Gay and Bisexual men cant keep themselves away from the clubs and the parties they are always throwing one and its usually the kind with very strong instrumental beats, fast and loud music a lot of alcohol sometimes with weed and ecstasy and its dancing all night and sex until the sun comes up! That is the Gay scene always has been since the early 60's its only gotten more grandeur now than ever before. If you know some one who is always in the all night and just lives life like hes gonna die tomorrow that person is more than likely Gay or Bisexual in nature! Straight people go to clubs once or twice a week thats it and throw a party once in a while on a special occasion.

I love music and dancing very much but I am not into clubbing and crazy parties. Club music bleeds my ears. Over crowded. And more.

I prefer to spend my time in the most boring ways. At home. Forest trekking. Hiking. Traveling. Nerd-ing. Geek-ing.

I agree with Marshy.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I've only been to a gay bar once, but I know a lot about it. I don't really mind the music, and I only enjoy the dancing if I'm with someone, and I'm a super lightweight, so three drinks in and I'm hammered. It's not something I'd do all the time though. When I want to, and again if someone will go with me, I'll go, but otherwise I'd rather stay home and watch a movie.

You wouldn't be able to tell I was Bi unless I told you or I happened to be wearing my Pride bracelet at the time. I certainly don't act it and don't really like all the stereotypical "gay" things. lol, I like about 5 musicals for goodness sake. Tongue

Gay bars and clubs are like straight ones, they are money making ventures. They cater for the teenagers who spend money on buying alcohol at inflated prices, listen to loud music and taking some form of drug. Why do you think a lot of us don't go, drinking in a pub with good beer and with some good friends is a much better idea.

Is the gay scene across the pond different from here or europe?

Quote:Is the gay scene across the pond different from here or europe?
Switzerland makes a whole advertising campaign extolling its gay credibility. Geneva was supposed to be a hotbed of gay adventure. Although I'm in the city every month I've never seen any of it. Maybe because MySwitzerland.com is now telling me the scene has moved further away to Zurich, Lausanne, Arosa and Luzern.

Here is a picture of gay men having fun in Switzerland stolen from the Visit Gay Switzerland FaceBook Group ...

[Image: 38140_106338916086287_106334596086719_46...8071_n.jpg]

And no, I don't know what's going on either :confused:
[Image: photo.php?pid=46898&id=106334596086719&ref=fbx_album]

ShinigamiLegend Wrote:Interesting most Gay and Bisexual men cant keep themselves away from the clubs and the parties they are always throwing one and its usually the kind with very strong instrumental beats, fast and loud music a lot of alcohol sometimes with weed and ecstasy and its dancing all night and sex until the sun comes up! That is the Gay scene always has been since the early 60's its only gotten more grandeur now than ever before. If you know some one who is always in the all night and just lives life like hes gonna die tomorrow that person is more than likely Gay or Bisexual in nature! Straight people go to clubs once or twice a week thats it and throw a party once in a while on a special occasion.

Where do you get this stuff from? Seriously...are you watching movies or something?

I worked in a gay nightclub for 20 years...more than one...so I should know what I am talking about. It seems you are referring to circuit boys...or that is what we used to call them...and they are a small fraction of the clientele in a gay nightclub. I had over 1,000 regular customers...probably more.....and I never saw any of them more than once or twice a week...more likely once or twice a month...some once or twice a year...something you reserve for straight people in your stereotype analysis. The only ones who came daily or more than once or twice a week were alcoholics and they certainly didn't dance the night away...alcoholism it is a disease...same disease affects straight people.

As for fitting in...I know a secret...most everyone feels the same way...it is normal.

Where on earth did this swooping generalisation come from? There may be a gay scene and it may occasionally look like what's described above but I'll bet most gay people's lives are pretty boring. Work, sleep, eat, watch the occasional movie, party with family when there's a birthday or a wedding, go to wakes when someone dies, then maybe there'd still be time for all this carousing? I don't know. This is not my life and not the life of many other gays I know.

Where on earth did this swooping generalisation come from?

LOL...My guess...too many episodes of QAF?:biggrin:

Confusedmile: Lol, EastOfEden, lol... :biggrin:
We watched the whole series and it did pose a certain number of REAL problems as well. We enjoyed it, but never did we feel that what Queer As Folk portrayed was anything like what our lives were ... ever, much as I'd have liked, maybe, to experience some of the thrill of it... In retrospect, I'm rather pleased with the way I've led my life, gathering all the artistic experiences I've had and not all the torrid, but pointless sex.

marshlander Wrote:Switzerland makes a whole advertising campaign extolling its gay credibility. Geneva was supposed to be a hotbed of gay adventure. Although I'm in the city every month I've never seen any of it. Maybe because MySwitzerland.com is now telling me the scene has moved further away to Zurich, Lausanne, Arosa and Luzern.

Here is a picture of gay men having fun in Switzerland stolen from the Visit Gay Switzerland FaceBook Group ...

[Image: 38140_106338916086287_106334596086719_46...8071_n.jpg]

And no, I don't know what's going on either :confused:
[Image: photo.php?pid=46898&id=106334596086719&ref=fbx_album]
But honey, we hardly go out at night, so it's not surprising, is it, that we don't know what the Geneva scene is like... Wink