Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thinness and being gay
Swanny Wrote:At 5'7 and 90lbs my bmi would be at around 14, which is a little bit
higher than bill kaulitz bmi and he manages to survive. I'm already a chunky butt/thick person @ 19 years old and it sucks really bad. I'm 144lbs and 5'7 and have a thick 28.5 inch waist. I used to be 165lbs because of antipsychotics, but now I'm on the way down despite eating a lot of whatever I crave which happens to be mostly healthy.

Honey, you ain't chunky. Sorry to break it to you, but you are a healthy weight. My waist is about 48 inches, as are my ribs... and I'm not especially chunky myself (at 5'3'', might I add). You are over criticizing yourself and if you don't get some help you will probably end up having serious medical conditions (and/or die) from becoming as skinny as you are wanting to be. My girlfriend is around 120 lbs and shorter than me and I'd honestly like it if she'd put a little weight on... but then, I'm a caring person who is concerned about her health, so...

Swanny Wrote:@ 19 years old I'm 144lbs and 5'7 and have a thick 28.5 inch waist.

This is about the perfect proportion for your age and height. Don't change a thing.

Swanny Wrote:At 5'7 and 90lbs my bmi would be at around 14, which is a little bit
higher than bill kaulitz bmi and he manages to survive. I'm already a chunky butt/thick person @ 19 years old and it sucks really bad. I'm 144lbs and 5'7 and have a thick 28.5 inch waist. I used to be 165lbs because of antipsychotics, but now I'm on the way down despite eating a lot of whatever I crave which happens to be mostly healthy.

That's thin. If you're going for the stylish and attractive look, why would you want to look sickly and ghastly by being even thinner?

supasyd Wrote:Actually, a majority of anorexic men are gay. That's a statistic. The things gay men find attractive are often different to what straight women do. Standards of beauty are different across the world, so it makes sense they'd be different in different communities too. The LGBT community has always been very image-conscious and so it makes sense that dysmorphia and issues relating to self-image would be more prevalent.
It is true that most anorexic men are gay, but that is not exactly what the OP is saying. He is saying something different, that most gay men want to be skinny. That is not true either. If you go to a gay bar and look at gay men, go to a gay website and look at gay men, or look at models in gay media, there is a lot of pressure to not be skinny or to be overweight, but to have that fit, muscular body. This is still an issue of being image-conscious, but not to be skinny. In the gay world you can get away with being skinny when it is part of that young and pretty period, but when carrying that too late into life, it is often no longer looked at as being attractive. Even among young gay men, however, being very thin is not as common as it was when as when I was young. An athletic body has become much more popular.

Swanny Wrote:because of antipsychotics,

Ahhh...

This does explain a lot.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Ahhh...

This does explain a lot.

What do you mean? Explains what?

Swanny Wrote:What do you mean? Explains what?

Don't take this the wrong way. To understand where I come from, I have had a wide array of jobs dealing with all sorts of health issues with people. So when someone throws out a seemingly innocent statement that speaks of a class of drug, my mind begins to place that in the scheme of whatever else is going along.

Mind everything I say to most people is usually meant in the most nicest way with nothing but a desire to assist and push them toward the right track.

There is a semi-long list of issues that anti-psychotics are diagnosed for... and I have no idea why yours was prescribed, so that doesn't actually explain fully... it does, however, hint at the diverse range of the threads you have started (which there is a bit of conflict of interest there) and may actually explain this sudden 'go from a body builder to a girl'....

Now, I know you will do exactly as I suggested before and seek out the counsel of a doctor about all of this, thus I do not need to be your therapist and work on your issues with you. I am most confident that you find a professional therapist, who not only will have more sessions with you, but get a full medical history to start sorting stuff out with you.

Which coupled with needing a baseline measurement of your chemical body also is a good reason to not rush into changing diet and try to force your body to lose muscle mass.

I'm bummed he self deleted.