Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gayspeak Random Rambling Thread
[Image: LogoFinal2.jpg]
I saw something like this on another forum and decided that we should do it here too. I often avoid making threads because of how simple the question is. I also think it's in need so we don't have to answer questions we've already answered 3000x times. You can talk about whatever you're feeling at the moment, a random thought/question, something that happened to you today, last week or whenever. I feel it could be somewhat therapeutic. Anything goes (but still obey the rules Andy has set)!

myapple Wrote:[Image: LogoFinal2.jpg]
I saw something like this on another forum and decided that we should do it here too. I often avoid making threads because of how simple the question is. I also think it's in need so we don't have to answer questions we've already answered 3000x times. You can talk about whatever you're feeling at the moment, a random thought/question, something that happened to you today, last week or whenever. I feel it could be somewhat therapeutic. Anything goes (but still obey the rules Andy has set)!

You make it sound as if rather than answering a question that needs dealing with (but that's been already been dealt with) in a responsible manner, we could ramble on about anything at all??? ... lol. Refreshing, but not very helpful, surely.

Oh, you mean, come here and ramble rather than answer a question for the umpteenth time?

Wait! Not quite sure what the point is, MyApple... We've already got threads where we ramble off into the wilds. There are plenty of threads that become just that once the question's been answered...
But suit yourself. lol...
Wink

I think the reason why people start threads that have already had umpteen answers is because it's rather daunting having to look for an answer that fits your particular case. Plus, it is advisable to make your case as individual as possible, and also obliges, to a certain extent, the new person to express themselves on something that's been worrying them.
While two cases may be quite similar, no two people are the same, so I find it useful to know how that person expresses themselves, what they are looking for, and how we can help.

My point is that this forum has something therapeutic about it. A lot of people would cringe from having to go to a shrink to find they had to share their personal problems with a whole set of new people, who were also there to solve their problems...

I don't suppose group sessions work as well with everyone, and it's not as if we're going to be running seminars, is it?

I don't quite see how we can avoid the same recurring questions coming up... When you're a doctor, a teacher, a shrink etc... you keep having new people who all need to go through a similar process but they're still individuals with diverse personalities.

So, feel free to ramble, GS members, as MyApple suggests,Confusedmile: Astrosmiley2:tongue:
or feel free to concentrate on issues if that's what you want to do :confused::frown::eek:Cry.
Nobody's forcing anyone to answer the same (bloody) question for the (ten?) thousandth time, eh?... Wink

princealbertofb Wrote:You make it sound as if rather than answering a question that needs dealing with (but that's been already been dealt with) in a responsible manner, we could ramble on about anything at all??? ... lol. Refreshing, but not very helpful, surely.

Oh, you mean, come here and ramble rather than answer a question for the umpteenth time?

Wait! Not quite sure what the point is, MyApple... We've already got threads where we ramble off into the wilds. There are plenty of threads that become just that once the question's been answered...
But suit yourself. lol...
Wink

I guess I didn't word it right or that you took it the wrong way lol. I can already tell this thread won't go anywhere. Oh well. [Image: dunno.gif]

No, no, MyApple, I didn't want to question your thread, lol....
It's a random thread, so no one should expect any link between the posts, is that it???

This came to my attention, by the way....
any thoughts? Kind of horrific, no? :eek:
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/culture/ste...qus_thread

You want rambling? I'm great at rambling. I have a really, really smart mind, and it tends to wander, because I have ADHD (inattentive type--which, by the way, is the new way of saying "just ADD").

I wonder if I'll ever find a girlfriend, and if it'll be where I live or somewhere else. If it's somewhere else, I'll have to move the kids again, and they're just settling in. Then again, I think "should I tell their dad?" because eventually if I start dating, it'll be relevant to that whole relationship. And then I think "What if I'm wrong? Sure thinking about women is what's finally allowed me to, uh, you know..." :Blush: "...that masturbate thing that never ever worked before" so how could I be wrong? And that guys just plain gross me out (sorry boys) with their smelly feet, among other things.

Well, that's all the ramble you're gonna get from me tonight. It's late!

Rambling...eh?:biggrin:

OK...when the f*ck did everyone take the "Its all about me pill"??????????...and why AFTER they take the pill do they decide to drive?????????????????...

Hey! You f*cking idiots...other people might want to live another day...but you go ahead and text...or talk in the phone...or speed in and out of traffic because you are late......hope it is you who dies before you can hurt anyone else since you made the choice in traffic when we all have to depend on each other to survive to say F*CK YOU to the rest of humanity to indulge yourself....

I could go on for pages but this will be the end of this rant:biggrin:

God is a sense of humor

You'll know her when she slaps you silly

princealbertofb Wrote:This came to my attention, by the way....
any thoughts? Kind of horrific, no? :eek:
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/culture/ste...qus_thread

Lol the first thing I read was 'Canadian Fruit Machine' and I laughed.

I imagined something like a big fanciful device filling up a whole factory. It had a conveyor belt with various fruits (all frozen because it's Canada) and at the end of it came tiny little Canadian children running around and throwing maple leaves in the air.

All the while the factory workers are busy being cold so eventually the machine makes too many children and now Canada has an overpopulation issue.

._.

That escalated quickly.