Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Spellbound Wrote:I remember that. Could be a good fit:

[Image: Mickey-Rourke_0.jpg]

Can he catch the high ball though?!?

Can he speak in a welsh accent!

partisan Wrote:Can he speak in a welsh accent!

I suppose most actors can manage accents OK. The yanks thought that Daniel Day-Lewis was American.

Well fine, he probably can, i think hes a great actor, i enjoyed "the wrestler" but its my opinion this is not a film id like ok.

Its been known world wide that Gareth Thomas is gay, he has even done TV interviews in the states on some pretty popular shows.

Spellbound Wrote:This is the great Welsh full-back Gareth Thomas, who is not very handsome.

[Image: gareththomas_20100425.jpg]

Only one of these guys is gay, and guess who? Yes, it just had to be gorgeous Gareth, didn't it? He's the only professional rugby player to have some out while still playing. Bravo.

I wouldn't, though, at least with the lights on.

So your saying he's too ugly to be gay and only beautiful people should admit to being gay?

What are you saying when you say this:
"Yes, it just had to be gorgeous Gareth, didn't it?"

Sarcasm?

Was it really needed? Rolleyes

IDK this post seems to be shallow somehow.

Oh I know, Stud of The Day is the type of guy you would do... Which is one of the reasons why I disapprove of the Stud of the day thread, it promotes this image of beauty which few people can actually attain, and it promotes this sort of flippant attitude when it comes to people who are less physically attractive.

This man deserves respect, he has come out in a very tough sport which no-doubt there is a lot of anti-gay sort of goings on in the locker-room (if not on the playing field).

He is promoting your lifestyle for you, he is opening doors of acceptance and tolerance for you so you don't have to walk down the street wondering if you're going to be victimized by a gang of footballer thugs who decide to take up a cricket bat and use it to beat the living shit out of you.

That makes this guy a very handsome person - beautiful.

It's really great that a professional sportsman can come out like this, while he's still playing. I wonder if it would be possible in any other team sport than rugby, certainly not in soccer, and I doubt it in baseball, football, basketball. Maybe some of our US posters could comment.

There is a referee who's come out too, Nigel Owens, and apart from banter about bent refs, has been well accepted.

I post on a rugby forum as well, and any homophobic comments are well stamped on.

I know theres a gay u.s basketball player.

B&A

I made the whole post a little tongue in cheek, rather than sarcastic, and I'm sorry you took it that way. I said bravo for coming out too, and made a point of it. See my later post too.

Actually I like the smooth boyish look too, which is why I proposed the twink thread which someone took up.

I made the point that rugby is one of the few team sports which would permit a gay man to come out like this.

I lived for 30 years as an openly gay man so don't tell me about prejudice, I had enough of it, both in the companies I worked for and in the streets too.

I'm sorry you reacted the way you did.

Ok guys........ten paces, then turn and fire!!!
[Image: cat-fight.jpg]

No, I really don't feel like that. If I've upset someone I'd like to resolve the issue. I'm just saying that I've had plenty of discrimination, that's all.