Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Impossible" electric bike
Be sure to watch the video

http://www.gizmag.com/impossible-electri...1-90957421
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

What is the impossible part?

Yeah it's branded weird.. 'impossible' doesn't say much about it. They don't even tell you its motorized lol. I've wanted to do one of these kickstarters but I'm always so iffy when it's raising money to do additional R&D on something as critical as the engine. Similar idea to the umbrella that creates an air field to reflect rain. They wanted additional money to 'improve' the design and function.

BrianNorth Wrote:Yeah it's branded weird.. 'impossible' doesn't say much about it. They don't even tell you its motorized lol. I've wanted to do one of these kickstarters but I'm always so iffy when it's raising money to do additional R&D on something as critical as the engine. Similar idea to the umbrella that creates an air field to reflect rain. They wanted additional money to 'improve' the design and function.

BrianNorth: The name of the company is "Impossible" and as to whether it is motorised or not, you only had to read the text:

"What the Impossible does promise is a new level of portability. It weighs under 11 lb (5 kg) and when folded up is 17 in (43 cm) tall, just a few inches bigger than the laptop on which I'm writing this story. It runs on ten 2,900 mAh batteries that can be recharged from a regular wall outlet and has a range of 15.6 mi (24.8 km"
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:BrianNorth: The name of the company is "Impossible" and as to whether it is motorised or not, you only had to read the text:

"What the Impossible does promise is a new level of portability. It weighs under 11 lb (5 kg) and when folded up is 17 in (43 cm) tall, just a few inches bigger than the laptop on which I'm writing this story. It runs on ten 2,900 mAh batteries that can be recharged from a regular wall outlet and has a range of 15.6 mi (24.8 km"

I picked that up from the video. Just stating they could use some marketing help to easily communicate what the product is and what it does. Either way it's pretty cool.

Nice Christmas toy!

It's interesting, but I'm predicting a fad only, if it even gets that far. It's not eco. It's not very ergo. And it lacks a definite market here, as opposed to maybe success in urban Japan.

Looks cool. Stylish, but not practical, not sporty, and no place to carry stuff (remember, the backpack is going to be filled with bike.

Love the whimsy of it, but it looks like it fails for most current bike users.