Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apology
Awwww thanks everyone and welcome back to Udabar!!

You know I said that I had thursday off last week and it was my first day off to relax in ages? Ian ended up taking me to Thorpe Park! (big theme park). SO I didn't get a day off really... BUT had the most fantastic time, as Shadow and malcs found out :biggrin: :biggrin:

We did indeed !! :biggrin:.

Bighug.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Smurlos Wrote:Awwww thanks everyone and welcome back to Udabar!!

You know I said that I had thursday off last week and it was my first day off to relax in ages? Ian ended up taking me to Thorpe Park! (big theme park). SO I didn't get a day off really... BUT had the most fantastic time, as Shadow and malcs found out :biggrin: :biggrin:

Don't forget me... texting me as you were queuing for Stealth.. I was well jealous!!! lol Xyxthumbs

Man I so wish I was in London. I would be going everywhere all the time. I would never be home. Well for the first year. After that I would be over everything that I would be home all the time. :frown: My life sucks here in the states.

Udabar Wrote:Man I so wish I was in London. I would be going everywhere all the time. I would never be home. Well for the first year. After that I would be over everything that I would be home all the time. :frown: My life sucks here in the states.
Sorry to hear you don't like your life in the States ... but why would you want to come to what is now officially the most crowded "major" country in Europe?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/hom...32373.html

Smurlos Wrote:Awwww thanks everyone and welcome back to Udabar!!

How did Shadow and Malcs find out? Did you send them pictures or did they meet you there? Shadow? You went to Thorpe Park?????? Can't believe that. :tongue:

marshlander Wrote:Sorry to hear you don't like your life in the States ... but why would you want to come to what is now officially the most crowded "major" country in Europe?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/hom...32373.html

Well, I'm sure we can relate to Udabar for finding the States (and Texas) slightly boring.... After all didn't Samuel Johnson say: "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life!" ?
or something to that effect?

Thank you for the interesting read, sweetheart. Herz

princealbertofb Wrote:Well, I'm sure we can relate to Udabar for finding the States (and Texas) slightly boring.... After all didn't Samuel Johnson say: "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life!" ?
or something to that effect?

Thank you for the interesting read, sweetheart. Herz
Ah, this was my trashed message ...
It was a rant about Samuel Johnson and his xenophobic so-called aphorisms and the fact that (if he were correct) I would have been tired of life at the age of five. That seems pretty unlikely somehow.

How on earth could you trust the judgement of a man who also wrote,
"... the noblest prospect which a Scotchman ever sees is the high road that leads him to England!"?

True, I wrote back that probably Samuel Johnson's aphorism was no longer valid in today's world because some people might just like some peace and quiet, something that big cities like London may not provide.