Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Male Body: Repulsive or Beautiful?
This article might help those who have low self esteem and are concerned about their own body image.

http://goodmenproject.com/ethics-values/...beautiful/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I don't know where this is, but I've never heard over here that males bodies are repulsive.

At best, I've heard that women are cleaner (and to be honest, working as I do with 6 women vs 3 men in one space....I can say that is far from the truth) and they care about their physiques more (that last one may be true)
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

^^
I agree, it's the opposite for me. plus how could you not like a hot dirty guy.

[Image: tumblr_nmgocatXfZ1r91wa7o1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nt6x5d2FbP1r4ap8to1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nzhf1slN0J1r4ap8to1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mpr2sqTa6N1rop7gno1_500.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

def, beautiful!, "where art thou?"

the male body is most definitely beautiful and attractive.

it's true though that some guys grow up in the belief that their body is disgusting. and that is a huge shame. nothing could be further from the truth, and it's an unnecessary stressor.

i've had straight male friends/acquaintances myself, who, not unlike the author of the text, enjoyed the way i looked at them, and/or complimented their looks/body. men should be on the receiving end of such compliments more often.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

For the longest time in my life I have felt ashamed of my body... I think mostly due to kids making fun of me... I have been on the chubbier side much of my life, not exactly fat but enough to make me feel insecure about... At once point I started lifting weights and whatnot (circa 7th grade) and I did get a bit leaner and started feeling better about myself and for a while I started not caring so much... Oh that's about the time I started noticing guys too lol

Getting back on point though. I never really had any advice in dating much less being gay, I haven't had much guidance at all and well turns out most guys on Grindr don't think I'm all that attractive and also before I realize the type of guys that are on Grindr and frankly I had more upsetting experiences with Grindr than most anything else. I say all this because I spent much of my early "out of the closet" years on Grindr thinking I might meet someone special, well I did meet people and although at the time I was ready to jump off a bridge for anyone who showed me any kind of affection. I've learned the errors of my ways (most...) and well I don't use Grindr anymore and should I get on there again we'll eyecandy maybe? But that whole experience just made me feel awful about myself, so much that I basically next to starved myself in 2012...I looked back at an excel file where I kept track of things...I lost 6 lbs in a week...I remember I wouldn't eat nothing but salads, I quit smoking and ran and tried all sorts of stuff and didn't really research so who knows if I hurt myself or not...

I constantly feel like I have to go the extra mile to get a guy to actually like me and I feel that my body is going to be the reason why they don't. I know better, but just doesn't feel that way. I just want to be the guy that whoever my partner may end up being deserves... I don't want to be some fat...beer bellied guy... So I'm trying to change that, so I hopefully don't have to feel like that any longer. Maybe it is wrong of me to think like that and maybe it doesn't matter as much as I have observed it to be and it shouldn't matter to someone who does truly love me. Learning to love yourself isn't as easy as it sounds.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Ceez, that guy using the Weed Eater is just my type. Look at those shoulders and arms! Yum.

Axle, you show grit and determination and those are admirable qualities. 6lbs. in a week is a bit drastic, you shouldn't push yourself quite so hard. You say that learning to love yourself isn't as easy as it sounds but it isn't impossible. So, keep up the good work. You won't find a life partner on Grindr because 99.99% of the people on there are totally superficial.

Pcolakuntryboy Wrote:Ceez, that guy using the Weed Eater is just my type. Look at those shoulders and arms! Yum.

That's all very well but what's inside his head?