Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Muscle" Culture
People forget that when a gay man dates a muscle jock who is an abuser there is a huge disadvantage to the one being abused. People don't think that there is a lot of gasy abuse but there is and it's unreported for the most part.
Richard

monk Wrote:I'd leave them to date each other and go find someone with a brain.

Best post in the thread so far Confusedmile;

I hate to stereotype...but honestly, a good deal of those losers do it to themselves.

Its one thing to be buff and leave it at that...its quite another to work out 24/7 on your little hamster treadmill and constantly berate those whose brain mass is greater than their body mass.

*sits back with a contended smile and waits for the muscle cliques to say I'm just jealous* Confusedmile:

Gym Junkies and Muscle Mary's are a huge turn off for me.

They always seem to be so far up themselves that they couldn't crawl out of their own arses even if they had a 60ft ladder.

Who would want to be laying next to or on top of a rock? A rock with a teeny tiny penis and shrivelled up testicles?

How hot is that?

ardus Wrote:People forget that when a gay man dates a muscle jock who is an abuser there is a huge disadvantage to the one being abused. People don't think that there is a lot of gasy abuse but there is and it's unreported for the most part.
Richard

thanks richard, could you explain to me what is gasy abuse in your post?and what happened?
Happy

dean

i also find muscular guys are way too much to turn me on.

just a normal guy would be great enough. without putting his mind on getting more muscles.

My experience is there's good & bad there as anywhere else.

But I haven't been to a gym where a lot of gays congregate. The one I went to for years actually had a lot of military, police, and fundies (one was a church and they all wore a shirt advertising it) who loved to turn all the TVs to FOX and hated gays. A few even boycotted when the gym hired an openly gay twink though they came back after awhile (the probably found other gyms put up with their self-righteousness even less). I recall hearing 2 women talking how they didn't use the sauna for fear of being molested by lesbians, and given I used the sauna naked I was sure not to let anyone there know I was a lesbian.

I do recall one guy who was a huge bodybuilder. He was nice to me (without sexually harassing me, too) but he was a jerk to the other jerks. See the gym made this really stupid rule in 2008 that to "stay informed" they could play news above the "2" volume limit (it started with the Olympics and then for the elections and then stayed permanent despite widespread complaint, and when I finally quit I told them that was the biggest reason I was no longer interested in membership). Everything else had to be at "2" or lower and the jerks would turn all the TVs to FOX and play them loud (when someone with a legite claim to a TV did change the channel it had to be at "2" unless it was another news channel and thus could barely hear it so most didn't bother). The muscle guy got sick of listening to FOX propaganda and started playing his metal (like Ill Niño and Killswitch Engage) even louder, and when he was reported on so that he had to turn his music back to "2" he very pointedly & brazenly kept turning the FOX off so he didn't have to listen to it. He displayed a dignified menace to them when they tried calling him on it but he was so huge & muscular (and long haired & tattooed) that they let him get away with it. As I say he was nice to me, however, and to everyone else, and I thanked him for doing that.

I didn't socialize much at the gym, however, save superficially. My current partner actually saw me there first and I didn't notice her at all (at least not to remember her later). I did tell the twink that I'd tell his boss how much I liked having him there if it would help since I figured he could use some nice words given the obnoxiousness of some of the fundies that tried to get him fired.

This may sound very weird but……. I refuse to date someone with big muscles. I tend to piss people off really really bad and if my partner gets really mad and swings at me I need to be able to at least defend myself. If a gorilla attacks me I will have no chance to properly defend myself…. Yes I can throw down but not with arnold Schwarzenegger. … LOL I know its kind of weird.

Knee or a toe to the nads - the bigger they are the harder they bawl - I mean fall....

Don't ask how I know - its really a sad story.

LOL good point!!! Confusedmile:

mrk2010 Wrote:See I think thisis where you have to be careful. I go to the gym 5-6 times a week and on top of that if I can be bothered run. I say if anyone wants to go to the gym a lot good on them, I'd rather be doing that than sit on my arse all day and be lazy lol and as for not having a brain, don't judge a book by its cover, you might find that these people are highly qualified or might be in a better field of work than yourself lol

If they're so shallow that they only date according to looks, they definitely don't have any sort of brain that I'd envy.