Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Neglected Pandemic
[Image: file.png]

The two-hour documentary entitled VICE VERSA: The Neglected Pandemic, 40 Years of HIV & AIDS, is a comprehensive look at what it is to be HIV positive in the USA in 2021.

It is narrated by Emmy-nominated television personality, New York Times best-selling author and activist Jonathan Van Ness.

Through personal accounts, insights from different communities, organizations, races, genders, and sexual orientations, VICE VERSA: The Neglected Pandemic, 40 Years of HIV & AIDS, showcases the frontlines of scientific advancements in the field and the reality of the experience. Exploring the truth behind the statistics, viewers will be taken across the United States to meet those living with HIV/AIDS and the advocates fighting for better civil rights for the affected communities.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

(06-22-2021, 06:25 PM)CellarDweller Wrote: [Image: file.png]

The two-hour documentary entitled VICE VERSA: The Neglected Pandemic, 40 Years of HIV & AIDS, is a comprehensive look at what it is to be HIV positive in the USA in 2021.

It is narrated by Emmy-nominated television personality, New York Times best-selling author and activist Jonathan Van Ness.

Through personal accounts, insights from different communities, organizations, races, genders, and sexual orientations, VICE VERSA: The Neglected Pandemic, 40 Years of HIV & AIDS, showcases the frontlines of scientific advancements in the field and the reality of the experience. Exploring the truth behind the statistics, viewers will be taken across the United States to meet those living with HIV/AIDS and the advocates fighting for better civil rights for the affected communities.
Thanks for posting something about an often forgotten issue. I become somewhat puzzled when talking to the younger generation about AIDS. There appears to be a widespread delusion AIDS in no longer a medical problem of any significance. Knowing more than a few being kept alive by the latest ‘combination therapies’ and witnessing the appalling side effects many have to cope with has me wondering why so many are burrying their heads in the sand.
The Human Race is Insane.

(06-23-2021, 12:06 AM)Karl Rand Wrote: Thanks for posting something about an often forgotten issue. I become somewhat puzzled when talking to the younger generation about AIDS. There appears to be a widespread delusion AIDS in no longer a medical problem of any significance. Knowing more than a few being kept alive by the latest ‘combination therapies’ and witnessing the appalling side effects many have to cope with has me wondering why so many are burrying their heads in the sand.

The younger generation doesn't worry about it because they haven't had to deal with the amount of loss the older generation has. God only knows the artists, scientists, leaders, teachers that society never got to see in the world, because they were wiped out by a virus.

The Biden administration is promising a cure for AIDS in a few years. We'll see.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

(06-23-2021, 04:12 AM)CellarDweller Wrote:
(06-23-2021, 12:06 AM)Karl Rand Wrote: Thanks for posting something about an often forgotten issue. I become somewhat puzzled when talking to the younger generation about AIDS. There appears to be a widespread delusion AIDS in no longer a medical problem of any significance. Knowing more than a few being kept alive by the latest ‘combination therapies’ and witnessing the appalling side effects many have to cope with has me wondering why so many are burrying their heads in the sand.

The younger generation doesn't worry about it because they haven't had to deal with the amount of loss the older generation has. God only knows the artists, scientists, leaders, teachers that society never got to see in the world, because they were wiped out by a virus.

The Biden administration is promising a cure for AIDS in a few years. We'll see.

I lost, at a guess, 80% of my gay friends. In the end I stopped going to funerals. More and more elaborate funerals were being produced like Broadway musicals by the soon to be deceased. The last straw was a ‘sacred dance’ performed by six scantily clad young males processing down the aisle of the church, tambourines rattling. They performed this little rite three times. I left during the last performance feeling I’d lost my sanity. Maybe I had?