Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official 'Extra Hour in Bed' Thread
This is just a random thread to celebrate the clocks going back an hour in the UK tonight... = an extra hour in bed! Or whatever else you fancy doing with that extra hour.

I suppose other countries might also change their clocks tonight, but I'm too ignorant to know...
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

I'm working tomorrow, so appreciating the extra hour in bed Smile

Cridders88 Wrote:I'm working tomorrow, so appreciating the extra hour in bed Smile

The one in March when we lose an hour is awful... I never trust that my phone will automatically change and stress out that I'll wake up late for work because of the alarm. Although I no longer work Sundays so I guess there's no need to get stressed lol (sorry to rub in my no-work-weekendiness). How long now til the prophesised days off?
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

IanSaysHi Wrote:The one in March when we lose an hour is awful... I never trust that my phone will automatically change and stress out that I'll wake up late for work because of the alarm. Although I no longer work Sundays so I guess there's no need to get stressed lol (sorry to rub in my no-work-weekendiness). How long now til the prophesised days off?

I never use my phone for an alarm, don't trust it! Always use an alarm clock. Yeah, losing an hour is awful, but the lighter evenings that follow are lovely Smile

Next day off is on Thursday, so some way to go yet lol

If I was at work doing my usual 12 hour shift I really hate this day as I end up working 13 hours which is too long in my book....amazingly I miss this year so im happy for my extra in bed ��

In the US, the time change does not happen until the first of November. That will give folks an extra hour to sleep off Samhain.
I bid NO Trump!

*Maniacally laughs at those who still suffer daylight saving*

seriously....it f*cked up my sleeping patterns twice a year so much it wasn't even funny.

And besides the only thing allegedly good about the winter schedule was more light in the mornings...which it made no freaking difference for me cause I have to commute for 2 hours to work and I leave home in the dark anyway.

Anywhooo. Enjoy this extra hour peeps. Sleep shamelessly
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

You are right, INH. Even for someone retired and more or less without a regular sleep schedule, it messes up sleep something grand. I used to live in Indiana where some farmers refused to change the schedule because it upset their cows. In Indiana cows and corn call the shots.
I bid NO Trump!

I don't change time until next week.... :/

It was sooooo nice to have a extra hour in bed.