Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official FIFA World Cup thread!!!
CCRox Wrote:How are the original groups determined? I had no clue there were so many different teams. Thanks for the thread D3K! Xyxthumbs

There were play offs in every continent to define the 32 teams that will participate in the world cup. The current teams are the ones who made it, but many countries didn't make it and they won't be part of this world cup. If you have any other question feel free to ask!

OK, where is the best place(s) to learn about the game and then the World Cup itself? There's too much to choose from in the google search aisle. Laugh
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

CCRox Wrote:OK, where is the best place(s) to learn about the game and then the World Cup itself? There's too much to choose from in the google search aisle. Laugh

Hmm, so much to know. You can always go to http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/

But this is what you need to know:
Current champion: Spain

Important/Good teams: Brasil, Argentina, Italy, Germany, Uruguay, Portugal, England, Netherlands. Most of these teams were World cup champions in the past, and they have the best players, so they are "favorites" to be the champions. But of course football is full or surprises!

Some of the best players:
- Messi from Argentina
- Neymar from Brasil
- Suarez from Uruguay
- Ronaldo from Portugal
- Rooney from England
- Ribery from France
- Iniesta from Spain

There are rivalries and all kind of history between the different teams, you will find all that searching on the web.

It does not hurt that the sport provides some great scenery!
[Image: joe-cole-crotch-legs.jpg]

Now I don't intend to turn your thread into a superficial buzzfest of beefcake, but let's just get the truth out here and now so we can move on. Shall we? Laugh
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

One of my work mates is originally from Manchester (and is one of those cheesy over-the-top United fans). He has invited me to join his football pool and although I do have a familiarity with the grand ole sport, it is still a rather daunting task.

For no reason than I like their uniforms, I do cheer for Oranje, and this despite me having English and German roots. I also cheer for some of the underdogs so will also be hoping for a good showing by the African countries and from Japan.

I can't wait >_ < I don't usually watch soccer but Big Grin

Lambert Wrote:I can't wait >_ < I don't usually watch soccer but Big Grin

That's the attitude! In my opinion USA should join the rest of the world and make football their main sport too

David3K Wrote:Belgium team is a joke LOL. And you will probably make it to the 2nd round.

[Image: amX2xy9_460sa.gif]

That said I'm loving this! than the rather #meh Pittbull Ole ole...

You can never go wrong with just Sharkira alone!

Oh yess Neymar! all the way! :biggrin:

Only 4 days left!