Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official Title For Star Wars: Episode VIII Revealed
I'll be honest, I haven't followed Star Wars quite as well as say Star Trek but I did come across this little jewel and the movie is supposed to come out late this year....and hopefully it will be good... Rouge One was pretty good so hopefully they'll keep up the momentum.

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-officia...i-revealed

Just thought I would share this with all your Star Wars DORKS....you know who you are Tongue
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

InbetweenDreams Wrote:I'll be honest, I haven't followed Star Wars quite as well as say Star Trek

Why would you think anyone would be, say, surprised by this?

SW isn't for, say, everyone. Smile

Well you know I kind of posted this, say, for someone else.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Well, I like both; though, I do believe SW--with the exception of Episodes I-III (and the small screen offerings)--is more enjoyable in almost every way.

Admittedly I am a novice when it comes to ST. I mostly prefer the original series (especially the first season) and I do like TNG. Bend-the-rules Kirk > Goody two-shoes Picard. Spock > Data. Etc., etc.

I've seen some of the films and I prefer TMP over Khan--I really don't understand how that one gets so much love.

I heart these lists (even if they omit the fan-made films):

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/12/d...rst-movies

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/art...st-to-best

Anyway, I really have no point other than to teach his own and SW is better. Yass.

It depends on how you look at it... Star Wars was originally a rip off of Dune to a degree...

http://www.moongadget.com/origins/dune.html

However, I also think it just depends on what suits you better...you like Jar Jar Binks or do you like Neelix?

[Image: latest?cb=20130210234240] [Image: neelix1.jpg]

At least Neelix cooks right?

Kidding aside, Star Trek has a whole different storyline, more nerdy, technical (although I think JJ is taking a good deal of the nerdiness out lol), Star Wars does have a more colorful storyline. I prefer geekiness because the science fiction often is thought through well enough to make you wonder about space travel and a lot of things in star trek have at least partially become science fact. To each his own.
Check out my stuff!

I’ll be the first to say JJB is one of the most tragic characters in film history. He’s one of the reasons for the exceptions I made in my last post. To this day, rather than just concede that he blew it big time, George Lucas will smugly declare that JJB is his favorite of all the SW characters he created. Yikes.

I have no idea who Neelix is, but based on the way you framed the question, I’d say the correct answer can only be neither. I will add that cheesy characters are what I have come to expect from ST (all part of its charm). I remember when I first started watching TNG, I didn’t really understand the fan backlash received by Wil Wheaton’s character but as I grew more interested in the show it all started to become soooo painfully obvious. Cheesy characters are the exception when it comes to SW.

Absolutely agree that ST is science fiction in the truer sense. SW has always fallen somewhere closer to science fantasy than traditional science fiction. In that way alone the two are very different.

"The Last Jedi" Is the Word 'Jedi' Singular or Plural? Wouldn't You Like to Know? Ugh.... Well, Here's the Translated Answer. Yass!

Neelix was on the Voyager series...

Yep, Star Trek does have a good bit of cheesiness to it... I mean Data on TNG is kind of a cheesy character but I guess they do it in a way that they grow on you... Well maybe not so much Wesley Crusher...

Funny thing is that the original series was pretty far fetched back in it's day... Never really got into the original series all that much. I grew up on TNG and Voyager and Deep Space 9 was more of a drama show but I guess it did satisfy those who like the storyline more.

But yeah I would say that Star Wars has a bigger fan base, fantasy is more attractive than reality, even if the reality is still fiction. I guess Star Trek is still a fantasy in the fact that having humanity all get along on a large scale. Although it is kind of true if you look at the International Space Station, I mean you have Americans, Russians, Chinese, etc... Hmmm, well getting off topic.

Anyway, when I find more time I need to go back and watch all the Star Wars movies... I think it's good just doesn't capture me the same way Star Trek does...
Check out my stuff!