Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Old Drive By
So I was walking downtown the yesterday, I was about to hit the bridge when it hear this.
FFFFAAAGG GGGGG GGG OOOTTTT!!!!

Some guy in a car randomly decided to yell it at me as he drove by. At first I was just really confused, in my head i was like "what how does that guy know???" afterwards I realized the drive by bigotry came from a Sliver GrandAm GT, my old buddy Gary who I work with down at the loading docks with last summer drives a Sliver GrandAM GT. Now I know it was most likely just Gary being a jackass so I let it slide.

This was my first experience with the old drive by I’m sure most you have experienced this but this was my first experience with the old drive by. Almost feels like a right of passage Rolleyes

TimmyThink Wrote:So I was walking downtown the yesterday, I was about to hit the bridge when it hear this.

Some guy in a car randomly decided to yell it at me as he drove by. At first I was just really confused, in my head i was like "what how does that guy know???" afterwards I realized the drive by bigotry came from a Sliver GrandAm GT, my old buddy Gary who I work with down at the loading docks with last summer drives a Sliver GrandAM GT. Now I know it was most likely just Gary being a jackass so I let it slide.

This was my first experience with the old drive by I’m sure most you have experienced this but this was my first experience with the old drive by. Almost feels like a right of passage Rolleyes
A RITE of passage, young man, not a RIGHT of WAY...
It's a horrible RITE of passage if you ask me. I heard some (non recognisable) students driving past me last year, who shouted something similar to me.... and it was so full of cowardly disrespect (even if they knew I was gay, which they don't)... I felt really enraged. I wish I could have nailed their asses ... in a legal way!

btw do I recognise the DOPPLER effect so dear to a certain Sheldon?

TimmyThink Wrote:So I was walking downtown the yesterday, I was about to hit the bridge when it hear this.

The thing is, he probably meant it as a kind of Male to Male bonding thing... It wasn't meant as disrespect... therefore, could it possibly have the same impact? What was the initial impact on you, before you realised it must be your old buddy?

See you watch TBBT and learn stuff.

TimmyThink Wrote:See you watch TBBT and learn stuff.

Yes he's very LEAN, lol...Wink Yes I do learn stuff. I hope I'll learn on my dying bed. :biggrin:

see like i said in the other post typos :tongue:

I got it few months ago whilst jogging. Some brainless young adults in a lorry suddenly shouted Fa**ot and gave me a finger.

I stopped running and went, "Yeah, well at least I have a huge salary. Plus a brain." My apology for being shallow. It just happened. I don't think they heard it though.

One of my younger colleagues once called me fa**ot as well. He just thought it was cool to use the word (as a figure of speech). I explained to him that it is an offensive word and asked him not to use it again. He apologized and gave me a hug.