Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gay siblings
As far as research has proven thus far, homosexuality (indeed, all sexuality) is effectively random, so though it's statistically less likely to have multiple gay siblings than heterosexual (judging by the accepted statistics on the number of LGBTQ people/population) there's no known genetic or biological reason why not.

Put simply, it's possible. =)

Ky xx

Woolfe Wrote:As far as research has proven thus far, homosexuality (indeed, all sexuality) is effectively random, so though it's statistically less likely to have multiple gay siblings than heterosexual (judging by the accepted statistics on the number of LGBTQ people/population) there's no known genetic or biological reason why not.

Put simply, it's possible. =)
Not sure if you had subscribed to the site when I posted this link to the first of six YouTubes featuring John Barrowman's investigation into the latest scientific thinking on this subject. I do recommend them if you have the slightest curiosity about what's being discussed at the moment.

Moving the topic on slightly...

It has been shown that gay men are more likely to have several older brothers than straight men. This has lead to the hypothesis that male homosexuality is due, somehow, to the development of some kind of anti-male antibodies by their mothers during the pregnancies with their older brothers and to which they, in turn, were exposed.

I should mention two points of warning. First this applies to gay men only, no equivolent effect has been found in lesbians. Second, the research was done by finding gay men often at Pride and other such events, so perhaps the research was skewed. I'd reckon that if you were gay and had several older brothers you would be either very closeted or, paradocially, very open and out going and more likely to talk to random strangers doing surveys about your sexuality. To the best of my knowledge no-one has actually gone about finding women with several grown up sons and enquiring as to their sexuality.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.