Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Phenomenon of Homosexuality
So, I've come across a topic I've been wanting to post for some time now. I just want you guys to know how much I have been "taxonomizing" the issue of my sexuality; how I relate to both males and females. Let me describe it to you plainly. The thing is, it seems that with a woman, I am but attracted to her collective soul only (mind, heart and everything unseen that is attractive about her) but not her body. With a man, I am attracted to his body, heart, soul, and mind, but there is something I will never come to terms with a man; the issue of trust. I guess I have been conditioned enough by my upbringing to not trust a man. The point is, where do you stand in all of this?

thawoods Wrote:...The point is, where do you stand in all of this?
No, that can't possibly be the POINT of your post.

The point of your post is you have trust issues with men. Right?

Do you trust yourself? That's number one. If you don't trust yourself, then of course you can't trust any other man, either.

If you can be TOALLY 100% HONEST with yourself about who you are, what you want, what you don't want. How you really feel... If you can do that, then you can begin to work on your trust issues with "other" men. If you can trust yourself to be honest WITH yourself, then you'll be able to trust yourself to KNOW whether or not another man is being dishonest with you.

Let me tell you... honesty is a HUGE issue. But the reason it is is because most people (not just men, people) ARE NOT HONEST WITH THEMSELVES. They lie to themselves about everything. About who they are, what they want, what they really feel.. on and on and on. Consequently it is impossible for them to be honest with anyone else.

That's why I say, be honest with yourself first. This is NOT an easy assignment. It may take you YEARS to even begin to uncover the truth of yourself. Sure, you know some of it already.. but there's much more you don't know. I bet. I mean, true enough, IDK you, so maybe I'm wrong. But based on what you just did... created a post where you kind of danced around an important issue and then put it out there AS IF "the point" of all this was US... what we think... (utter bull shit by the way)... this says to me you are pretty clueless about yourself. So no wonder you don't trust other men.

I wouldn't either if I were you.

Oh, and I wouldn't trust you, either.

I guess I'm just afraid that if I let my heart out there, that the man I trust would just take it for granted and hurt me, and i don't want to get hurt, that's what i hate the most to happen to me.

Trust can be taken advantage of regardless of gender, But you could have a hit of bisexualness in ya
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

I forgot to add, that it's as if some divine force switched these two, like, instead of me falling for both a woman's soul and body like loving both a man's, it's that i have to not like her body, love her soul and like a man's body and hate him x

I don't stand anywhere in your puddle of feminism you man hater.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the more you think about things, the more doors you close. Just go for it. If it doesn't turn out well, then welcome to the planet. Life is all about risks. If a guy breaks your trust then you have a break before trying again. Time and time again I've come across dating profiles yammering on about "fed up of timewasters... Genuine guys only... Sick of being hurt" - wow, they sound fun at parties. Just go out there and get on with it.
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

i agree with you totally [MENTION=23058]IanSaysHi[/MENTION], I hope I don't sound sarcastic, because that's how it turns out to most people

thawoods Wrote:I guess I'm just afraid that if I let my heart out there, that the man I trust would just take it for granted and hurt me, and i don't want to get hurt, that's what i hate the most to happen to me.

That is a risk that everyone has to take. You can't circumvent it. It sucks, but if you try and succeed, it will be well worth it.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

The strategy of avoiding dating guys because you might get hurt is a strategy of hurting yourself. by cutting yourself off from life.

You don't figure out your attractions by sitting at home musing about it.