Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Queen is to watch Bruno!?
[img2=left]http://www.gayspeak.com/forum/images/news/queeny.jpg[/img2]Buckingham Palace has ordered a copy of Bruno, the 18-certificate film about a gay Austrian journalist.

According to the Sun, Universal Studios received an email request from the palace this week asking for a copy of the controversial movie to show at a private screening at Balmoral.

As the Queen and Prince Phillip are to be the next guests at the retreat, it is thought they will be viewing the film, which shows graphic nudity and a cage fighting scene that leads to gay sex.

Bruno has been banned in Ukraine after the government feared it would "damage the moral upbringing" of citizens.

It has also come under fire from US gay groups, who claim the depiction of the gay journalist is homophobic.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

I'm a bad gay man, I wanted to see that movie xD

It's for the staff. They're all queens. Wink

Way too many jokes about Queens start coming to mind!

I really wanna see Bruno!!!

I cant imagine my Boss will watch it, i think it will be for harry and wills, they 2 are good old soldiers.

The film is probably not the last to crack jokes at gay men (once again, the gay centre character is probably ridiculous beyond belief... We hope that no one would consider gays to be generally like Brüno). I'd still like to see it for myself to see just how iconoclastic Sasha can be.

Its a nice image thinking of the queen just sitting there watching and being all ahahahahaha simply wonderful. :biggrin:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Am i the only person who doesn't find that film offensive??

It's a ridiculous portrayal of gays, to be sure, but just as with all Baron Cohen's other characters all it serves to do is highlight the ridiculousness and prejudice of others and THAT is where the comedy/shock value lies.

It's funny the same way that racist jokes and dead baby jokes are funny. If you can't have a sense of humour about serious things then what a tragically melancholy life you must lead.

My mum (who i'd like to point out is black) phoned me the other day and, as always, made a parting joke about watching out for them darkies. People seriously need to lighten up.

Or maybe my whole family are just sick and twisted with our dark sense of humour, i dunno...