Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Religious "View"
Okay, I am so sick of hearing that America should be a theocracy and that just, because a lot of Americans are religious, that gay marriage shouldn't be legal and that marriage is only between a man and a woman. How in the hell is it their right to invade our basic human rights, because their "religion" said so. Not everyone is religious and America is NOT a religious nation. Some people came here for religious freedom. How is this fair?

It isn't and, I think a lot of it is too many of us, yes us as in LGBT, simply don't want to make waves in the small communities where we would stand out in a rather negative light if we did much about the situation.

This country is huge, we are so spread out that, except in a few areas it difficult, if not impossible to get the support and numbers we need to really make a change. Yes I try, but eight people are not going to change even county government, and the percentages don't get better when you go to even the state level here. We can try but, until we can change conservative, fundamentalist minds, it isn't going to happen here.

All we can do is work around it as best we can with wills, living trusts, medical power of attorney and so on.

something very bad happened to my hippie generation, they all got lost. serious tho; its just a older more conservative population.

A difference is being made though and while we must use common sense in our daily lives we must not relinquish hope and the power of strategy and intent. The digital age is offering more capacity than ever before in this regard and so I think it is VITAL that we stay and grow our connectedness and lend whatever we have to offer along the way.Xyxthumbs
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Make love not war Pellaz! Yllove If the truths of that time were true they will certainly live on. And that of course is so groovy!
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I know its something that is never going to happen. Furthermore, I know this is a very radical notion..but I believe the world would be a much better place without religion mucking it up in general.

Now, this mainly goes to the organized religions (mainly Christianity which I LOATHE, HATE and ABHOR with a deep passion) but it seems to me all religion has ever done is cause strife, prejudice and killing...amongst other lovely things along that line.

Frankly, the ONLY religious group I have ever seen treat people with any sense of human decency are the pagans. Were I to become emperor of the world, I would spare the pagans for their kindness to others (for the most part, I do run across asshole pagans every now and again lol)

But religion causes nothing but trouble as far as I'm concerned. I dislike religion (not religious people mind you) and just think we would be happier as a human race without constantly arguing and killing one another over whose imaginary friend can beat up the other imaginary friend.

CCRox Wrote:Make love not war Pellaz! Yllove If the truths of that time were true they will certainly live on. And that of course is so groovy!

You're such a dork! LOL :tongue:

I have grown to hate religion (mostly extreme Christianity). I don't hate religious people, but it's my business when it comes to my marriage. Their religion should not dictate my rights.

I would like California, Oregon, Washington and Hawaii to secede from the US and form another country (which would be the 5th largest economy in the world...maybe even fourth) so we don't have to be subject to the Bible Belt and their "views" any longer. They are intent on legislating discrimination into the Constitution and making the US a Theocracy. I just don't see a future in that.

East Wrote:I would like California, Oregon, Washington and Hawaii to secede from the US and form another country (which would be the 5th largest economy in the world...maybe even fourth) so we don't have to be subject to the Bible Belt and their "views" any longer. They are intent on legislating discrimination into the Constitution and making the US a Theocracy. I just don't see a future in that.

As an Oregonian East, I gotta tell you Portland would probably be the only thing you would want out of our fair state. The rest of it seems to be slowly transforming into redneck central.

*sigh* it used to be such a wonderful state too