Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ruins of Mirkwood
I have been slightly busy lately... slightly....

So this is what I have uncovered thus far.

[Image: picture.php?albumid=61&pictureid=5920]

To the right of the shovel you will see remaining fencing which I may, or may not, remove.... Left of the shovel is what I have removed thus far.... Yeah and in the process I discovered that the patio went back oh 6' further than the fence.

[Image: picture.php?albumid=61&pictureid=5919]

See how pretty this patio was... like back in the days before I walked this god forsaken hellhole we call 'earth'....

Anyway, at one time back in the past these elements were set close together, maybe even touching... And I bet that when that concrete was poured it was without those two 'minor' cracks...

and why is this happening you may be asking?

Well While that is an open ended question... the reason why the patio is cracked and gaping wide open is because the retaining wall that holds it all up has slightly moved and is slightly tilted.....

[Image: picture.php?albumid=61&pictureid=5921]

Now I know it is hard to see with the naked eye, but this retaining wall slightly leans outward, which is to say downward, as the first image you can see we live on a slight cliff....

So I spend 8 hours alone on this minor section of fence and the attending removal of oh about two decades of debris and plant growth...

Mind this means I have about 2 weeks of fence to remove... If the rest of it is as speedy and easy a project as this has been.

On top of that I have a retaining wall to build to hold the earth out of the carport - a low wall to replace that is heaved by an oak tree that has had about 30 years of growing under the wall, a well house to completely remove and replace, the 'new owner' wants me to clear out every bed down to bare earth and mulch with shredded wood.... plus remove my vegetable garden.

Then there is clean out the hoarder's 'garage'.... and the Hoarders shed - which is a minor house sized structure (migrant worker shed from the 60's, all aluminum and large enough to hold 10-12 people as a sleeper.... its large, and it is full of decades of crap)...

All of that and my 'normal' job of weekly mowing, shrub trimming, blowing, pool cleaning, and watering - always with the moving of hoses and sprinklers and shit like that.

The house... Oh the house needs all the electrical wiring removed and replaced - the attic insulation is mold, skeletons and gods only knows what else - it has to be removed and replaced.

No air return for the AC, so the duct work has to be all redone.

Plumbing (installed circa 1938) is shot and all needs to be replaced.

The living room wall is splitting and one wall is leaning much like that retaining wall....

I'm going to upload more images of Mirkwood onto my profile if anyone cares to see what Mirkwood is like....

From the heart of Mirkwood, the elf weeps.... from the pain of too much hard work already done and the suffering yet to come.....

If i was your neighbour id come round and give you a hand… i like this sort of work, i do hope your being paid for all this work and more importantly where will you go next. It would be better if you were doing this on something you own for your future as dont you have only six months or do you think will be longer than that?

Ah my neighbor is the Banshee - she screams and wails....

Paid? What is this paid thing people keep on going on and on and on about?

Actually I'm supposed to be talking to the Real Estate agent who will be eventually selling this place.... I'm going to ask her how much she is paying me...

I assume that she was put in charge of me as my boss that that means she is the one who will pay me....

If not, well I'm keeping records, taking pictures, logging my hours and I will just have a lawyer person do whatever needs to be done to see about compensation.

There is a lot more that has fallen into my lap that just was not covered by the gentleman's agreement I had with Bob... besides he died, which to me means he has stopped keeping his side of this agreement.

I really don't know what to do.... How to approach the subject of payment and stuff. Rod, the son-in-law or the new property owner said in January there would be a new contract to sign.... I'm still waiting for that..... So IDK what is happening

Oh well good luck with all that, sounds complicated, as long as you got a roof over your head and your not not thrown out on the street, i know how hard you find it doing nothing so it looks like there wont be nothing to do for a while.

And i scream & wail a lot so yes id help you for free…

Free tea & sarnies… i work, i get hungry!

If I could travel there, I would. Not to help you, but to slap you upside your head!!

Of course you have not seen any contract! Thats because you area already doing the work for nothing!! Why the hell should he waste his time with making a contract?

Everybody knows you DONT do any type of work unless there is a written agreement, or it has been paid upfront. ESPECIALLY in California, where you HAVE to sue everybody just to get your fukkin paycheck anymore!!!

You've shown them what you are capable of. Now you sit back and wait for them to come to you.
When they ask why the work stopped, you tell them, "I haven't been paid". Work = pay, pay = work.

You keep doing this work without pay or signed agreement, then you are fukkin yourself over.

Since you didn't get a lawyer before hand to make sure you will get paid BEFORE any work is done......you will more than likely not make any money afterwards by suing for your wages, because it all will go to paying off the lawyer.

Wanna act on my behalf? I got phone numbers, addresses, email addresses... You wanna talk to Rod?

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Wanna act on my behalf? I got phone numbers, addresses, email addresses... You wanna talk to Rod?

I would, but this is something that needs to be done face to face, or someone on your end who will be around you, in order to keep you from being "the nice guy".....until you get paid or get a contract signed.

I can talk to him/them on the phone all day and night, but it wont do any good unless there is someone on your end willing to do what needs to be done, so you get what is due to you.

Yeah I'm not anal enough... I get that.....

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Yeah I'm not anal enough... I get that.....

Well, thats not what you advertise!
RoflXyxwaveRofl
jk

You don't need to be anal, just strict with yourself. You don't need to be a salesperson, an ass, a liar, a cheat, a politician, or a lawyer, in order to get whats due to you.

You just need to know what it is you are worth, deserve, and are due....and then stick to that no matter what.

I can't believe everything you type here cannot translate to your real life person.

Be out there like you are here.

Other than that EVERYTHING TINKLES SAID!