Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Run Up to Christmas!!!
[Image: istockphoto_1019576_santa_closeup.jpg]

Well it's the 1st December, and that means - CHOCOLATE!!! Albeit a small square everyday in the advent calendar!! lol (yes, I know I'm 23!!)

Seriously, the countdown to Christmas day has truly begun. What's gifts are you wanting, what have you been buying for friends and family.
And what will you be doing over the Xmas period?

Me...

I want an MP3 Player and a Car Stereo/CD Player. Plus a few other odds and ends but those are the 2 main things.
I've bought so far a 26" LCD HD Ready TV for my Mum and Nan... which they've already got because the old TV went bang... well, it was more of a buzz-pop but yaknow!
I'm getting my Dad some Squash gear - coz he's old stuff is getting old and truly battered.
Not sure what I'm getting me mates yet.. last year just game em vouchers as I left it somewhat late!!

XMAS Day: I'm working!
BOXING Day: Either with my Mum's side or my Dad's side... still unsure at the mo.
The non-bank holiday weekdays - working.
Weekend and New Year... no plans as yet, but I would imagine that some large quantities of certain liquids shall be consumed Biggrinflip Biggrinflip

Oh God , we have Christmas already!!! :eek:

I usually leave the gifts for last moment. You are lucky wouldlikemuscle...If i manage to fly home for Christmas i will have to buy a lot of stuff for about 20 people. Baby stuff too which i have no idea and lets face it kids wont appreciate clothes as much as toys. Their parents will though. Who to please? On the other hand they should be pleased i brought myself as i havent been home for quite a bit lol

Chances though are that i will be in London working. Cry

I'm too poor to buy my family gifts. My gift is simply going home for a visit.

I know that I am getting a watch (its funny, my mother told me over the phone and told me not to tell my father, but later I talked to my father and he told me that they got me a watch and not to say anything to my mother... both of them told me, but ordered me not to say anything to the other... sigh)
Other than that, from the rest of my family, I would be happy with cards with a 20 dollar bill inside. I'm not a material person... most of the time.

It's very wierd,

My family has always called me Mr. Holiday. In Germany we always haad 15-16 foot trees, home made eggnog (talk about work!) tree trimming parties...decorations, the works.

But try having Christmas in Miami!?!? 85° yesterday and Santa walking around in short red pants with fur trim! I kid you not! Although I love the waether the rest of the year, it's hard to get any kind of christmas feeling when everything is SO damn green and lush and you're walking around in a tank top and shorts and laying by the pool...

The only christmas cheer I feel is walking into Starbucks (decorated since mid October...:-( ) where the X-mas music is in full swing and the air conditioning at -20.

Jingle Bells to all anyway :-)

Shameful! Mum decorated house today...

Ive bought all pressies, wrapped and tagged and done cards :biggrin:

I LOVE CHRISTMAS. And like umm hmmm.. Yeh! ;o

People hate me as they ask what I want and I dont know I have everything.. So yeh! Cool
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I'm not really into christmas. #embarassed#
Not big on giving/getting presents... or any sorta fuss...

So it sorta gets me down really. PLUS we have to start singing carols at choir. Which I wouldn't mind, but I now know the bass line to just about every carol in existence. So every christmas I'm just sat there reciting the boring bouncing bass lines while the newbies catch up.

Grargh.

Michael Wrote:It's very wierd,

My family has always called me Mr. Holiday. In Germany we always haad 15-16 foot trees, home made eggnog (talk about work!) tree trimming parties...decorations, the works.

But try having Christmas in Miami!?!? 85° yesterday and Santa walking around in short red pants with fur trim! I kid you not! Although I love the waether the rest of the year, it's hard to get any kind of christmas feeling when everything is SO damn green and lush and you're walking around in a tank top and shorts and laying by the pool...

The only christmas cheer I feel is walking into Starbucks (decorated since mid October...:-( ) where the X-mas music is in full swing and the air conditioning at -20.

Jingle Bells to all anyway :-)

Funny Michael! And here I be freezing in New York .. not into Christmas but the decorations are pretty and the Rockefeller Tree is great this year .. but what I would do to see a hot Santa in red shorts!
LOL

Bless :biggrin: !

Well I have started off by making a list of the people I'm buying for as, broadly-speaking, they fall into three families (my family, my best mate Peter and his family, and my best mate Matthew and his family), so now I've got to start working on filling in some of the blanks !! Which is getting harder year-on-year, as I'd like to think I have a reputation for trying to outdo myself (although some years that's been difficult - one year in particular I lavished Matthew with about £350 worth of goodies and I've never been able to outdo that really) ...

As for me ? I'm pretty much the same as Saltybeanz - people generally hate buying me presents because if I see something and I like it, odds are I'll already have bought it for myself (I don't believe in working to horde money - I work to earn the money to enjoy my life), so I pity anybody with that task ... :redface: ...

Christmas Day I'm going to be at the house with my family - whilst we hail from Derbyshire, there are only the four of us here in Jersey (plus my brother's g/f). I'd like for my b/f to be here, but I don't know yet whether that's going to be possible - I shall discuss it with him soon - I wouldn't want him to feel pushed out OR dragged away from his family (who live further north in Wales than him), so we shall see on that score ... Confusedmile:.

Merry Christmas (well) in advance everybody !!

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

and as soon as I typed the below .. off went my computer alarm - Winter Weather Advisory for tomorrow .. snow, sleet, ice ......

got any space in Miami (not to mention a hot Santa or two?)

Shadow your bfs welsh? ;o Im welsh Big Grin
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]