Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Secret of NIMH
[Image: 353250.1010.A.jpg]

Anyone liked the movie The Secret of NIMH? If I'm not mistaken, it's actually based on a book. I never read the book. I watched the movie. It was released in theatre in the 1980's and it's regarded as a classic by animation enthusiasts.

[Image: secret-nimh-3.jpg]

It's pretty much about this field mouse who has to find help for her sick son. I thought it was a pretty good movie and you can actually watch it. See the link below.

IMDb Video:

[Image: 61QMM588D6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg]

Then there's The Secret of NIMH 2: Timmy to the Rescue. This was a direct to video release, one of the reasons why many people think it sucks. To be brutally honest, I actually prefer this one over the first one. It's not as dark as the first one and nowhere near as epic as the first one, but I just find it to be better. You can also watch this one for free.

IMDb Video:

The Secret of NIMH amazed me as a kid, and still does actually. I loved the animation and dark atmosphere. Its a shame that cartoons nowadays are so afraid to put more mature themes in the story.

hmmm ive heard of this but ive never seen it

I provided links to the movie, you can watch them anytime (until they get pulled by Hulu).

aaah ok thanks

Let me know what you think of both films. Most importantly, check out the first one. The second one is really eh... hit or miss. Most say it's an atrocity and it has poor animation. It actually has grade A animation and I don't understand why it doesn't have the recognition it should deserve. I watched it a couple of days ago. In fact, I'm gonna watch it again.

big fan of the first one, didn't even know there was a sequel!

I don't think I have seen the film, but I read the book to my kids when I used to be a primary school teacher. Mrs Frisby and the Rats of Nimh, by Robert C. O'Brien.

sephirothtx Wrote:big fan of the first one, didn't even know there was a sequel!

It's because it was a direct-to-video release. If it was released theatrically, you would definitely know about it. 99.9% of direct-to-video releases don't get any praise and there's a big reason why those films aren't released theatrically. Check out the sequel. I'll warn you, it's nothing like the first one. It's not as epic and you may not like how cheery it is. However, it does have it's little dark moments.

Secret of NIMH 2

Watch this if you're skeptical about Secret of NIMH 2 being good.