Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Sims
I really enjoy playing The Sims 2 from time to time. I like being able to control characters and different aspects of their lives. I've played The Sims 3 briefly, but I like Sims 2 better. I've never tried Sims 4.

I did the sims - the first one.

I stopped playing after I killed one of the Sims.

The notion that one person can control the lives of people to the point where they can kill one or more in a random act or course of actions doesn't appeal to me.

Of course they are not real... right? Just simulated people who have needs for food, drink, education, showers, sleep and most of all social interaction (love). Those needs are not real... are they?

I shudder to think that The Sims could be, possibly, real to themselves. They have Needs... So do we.

And it begs the question are we here on this world "real" or are we programed sims in a simulated universe where we have needs and some kid is playing with us leading to our demise.... ?

Sim City is easier for me to deal with. Rush Hour is my most played game. But then I am still careful to not use disasters without saving the game first. After all the sim folk will be killed, but not remember the next time I play the region/city. for them it will only be a dream of destruction... Right?

I know, deep philosophical questions like these shouldn't be touched by the sane mind.

But then I'm certified as being mentally and emotionally damaged beyond repair, which is to say insane.

Sims 3 was my favourite, especially the Seasons expansion. Not played it in years though. Became a little stale for me really.

i bought my nephew all the sims addons etc - once i caught him gassing all the family i stopped fearing i was helping him become a serial killer at the age of 8 - turns out he came out gay at 17 - not sure of theres a link but who knows Smile

matty7 Wrote:i bought my nephew all the sims addons etc - once i caught him gassing all the family i stopped fearing i was helping him become a serial killer at the age of 8 - turns out he came out gay at 17 - not sure of theres a link but who knows Smile

Lets hope an 8 year old isn't playing Earth, The Humans.Wavey

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I did the sims - the first one.

I stopped playing after I killed one of the Sims.

The notion that one person can control the lives of people to the point where they can kill one or more in a random act or course of actions doesn't appeal to me.

Of course they are not real... right? Just simulated people who have needs for food, drink, education, showers, sleep and most of all social interaction (love). Those needs are not real... are they?

I shudder to think that The Sims could be, possibly, real to themselves. They have Needs... So do we.

And it begs the question are we here on this world "real" or are we programed sims in a simulated universe where we have needs and some kid is playing with us leading to our demise.... ?

Sim City is easier for me to deal with. Rush Hour is my most played game. But then I am still careful to not use disasters without saving the game first. After all the sim folk will be killed, but not remember the next time I play the region/city. for them it will only be a dream of destruction... Right?

I know, deep philosophical questions like these shouldn't be touched by the sane mind.

But then I'm certified as being mentally and emotionally damaged beyond repair, which is to say insane.

You reminded me of why I stopped playing "The Sims".

I was a regular player on my computer, and had managed to make to guys fall in love with each other.

On day my niece came over, and she was playing the game on her computer, and something distracted her while her Sim was cooking. A fire started and burned down the house, killing mother, father and brother, leaving sister alive. A gravestone for each dead Sim appeared in the yard of their house. At that point was time for dinner, so she put the computer aside without stopping the game. In the middle of dinner, we could hear a strange noise coming from the living room, so my niece and I went in to investigate.

The surviving Sim, on her own accord, found the three graves and was standing in front of them, hands to face, crying. We watched her for a few seconds, admitted this creeped us out, and she turned off the game without saving it, saying this would reverse what happened before dinner, and the Sim's house and family would be restored.

That stopped any urge I had to play with the game, and I left my gay couple alone to a happy ending, without me to disturb them. LOL
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I played the shit out of the first one and all of its expansions. Then I got the Sims 2 and all of its add ons for free when they were giving it away about two years ago but I haven't really played it yet. There's just so much new with that game that I'm overwhelmed with choices.

I've played Sims 1,2,3,4. I love building fancy houses and creating my handsome gay sims. :redface:
When I get bored, I try everything like killing my sims in all possible ways, adultery, getting all women in town pregnant...

I just liked designing the buildings. I found the first sims the best for that. Not to keen on the new version of the game, seems to there is to much going on.

I haven't played the sims for a while, but I did like building cites.
An eye for an eye