Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Strain on FX
I have not seen it, but it does sound good I might have to check it out.

Aike Wrote:I'm planning on checking it out. Pacific Rim was awful but Guillermo del Toro knows his fantasy and horror (Pan's Labyrinth was amazing).

Aike, I completely agree! Guillermo del Toro knows his horror and fantasy. Like most directors/writers he's had his bad films too, but the good ones were great. This show sincerely creeps me out. I wish I had a local friend to watch it with. I think you will like it if you check it out. The writing can leave a lot to be desired, but the horror is awesome!

Okay I caught up with the episodes that have aired so far. If you inserted some black comedy and goofiness it would make an excellent campy horror series but, alas, it takes itself very seriously. It's entertaining but I'm afraid it'll go downhill when all the mystery dissolves.

I watched the first two episodes but haven't had a chance to catch up yet. Is it worth it? Does it get more interesting? I found it very well shot!

I love Guillermo del Toro, he's absolutely brilliant. I can't wait to see The Strain, I've read the first novel and enjoyed it.

InSearchofAdam Wrote:Aike, I completely agree! Guillermo del Toro knows his horror and fantasy. Like most directors/writers he's had his bad films too, but the good ones were great. This show sincerely creeps me out. I wish I had a local friend to watch it with. I think you will like it if you check it out. The writing can leave a lot to be desired, but the horror is awesome!

The original novel was often extremely shocking and graphic, I'm sure they're going to tone it down for tv.

Yesterday i watched the last episode of the season. I am little disappointed, the first part of the serie was very good, but the second part less. Some episodes was very quiet.

There is something that i don't understand. There is a lot off monsters in the city, everytime when someone goes out at night, he comes across monsters. Despite this, the city is not in quarantine, no army, no police...

I hope the second season will be better, with more actions and suspense.

InSearchofAdam Wrote:Why yes. Yes it is.

No!!! It is a show about vampires. Gory Vampires.

Nice try though. lol

In any case it has something to do with blood... suckers.

I really like the show, BUT they absolutely had the chance to kill the "Master" and they all just stood there!!! Really pissed me off! Lol
~Beaux

I dont watch bad american tv shows LOL