Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Super Bowl Coca-Cola ad...
Ekwarph Wrote:Seriously, Americans say that ? Biglaugh

Anyway, there's no official language in the whole United States, so I don't see the point.

Yes ;3 . Instead of just saying three way, they say menage' a Tois :I but not every person tho Sheep

I like how the ad pretends they respect all races and peoples, when much of their water comes from the ground water that supplies wells that indigenous people rely on, that they swoop in, steal, and fence up, in addition to polluting the same water with various pesticides.

I also enjoy how this isn't a relevant concern.

What I'm trying to say is not to just stop drinking coke (many of the concerns I've pointed out aren't proven, but they've enough to have gone all the way to the supreme court in India where they are pending), but that these concerns do seem minor and not very relevant to the company.

The point is in a country whose fastest growing demographics aren't white, and a youth that continues to support equality for all people's and races, this ad is progressive and investing in the present and future. Coke doesn't care about people's opinions in this any more than they truly care about farmer's concerns over local ground water.

Here on this side of the world we fight over the political correctness of an ad. But really, this just seems like something I don't have much time for a serious opinion on.

If you take a quick look at the people who were "offended"...it explains everything.

Sylph Wrote:Yes ;3 . Instead of just saying three way, they say menage' a Tois :I but not every person tho Sheep

It's funny to use French words to make gross things a bit more "distinguished" ^^

I'm just going to note one of the languages in the video was a Native American one.

Ah but the song is so much better in its original Klingon...

America the Melting Pot of Cultures, peoples, ideas, religions.

As long as your male, white, speak english, own land....

Its a long ass song: http://www.scoutsongs.com/lyrics/america...tiful.html It talks about pilgrims feet...

Pilgrim: (Definition)
1 : one who journeys in foreign lands : wayfarer
(my emphasis).

Soooooo.........

I don't drink Coke, or soda for that matter, but one or two of the verses
were in Filipino and it made me smile to think that Filipino's are finally
getting recognized..

And then a few mins later we are called 'chinks' and 'gooks'. Thanks America.

I thought the ad was beautiful, but immediately realized that it would piss off plenty of republicans. It's a shame.

Colbert took a shot at this too.
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert...utiful--ad

Meh.......I just saw this here for the first time, I work in an industry of pretty conservative folks and have not heard a peep about it. While it would be silly to not think you should learn the language of any country you migrate to (really not the issue I guess), I could care less about a Coke commercial. Internet comments turned into a news story that no one would have ever really cared about......the left and the right media hypes in the US do this silliness all the time.