Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Thought Of It Scares Me...
Can Someone give me any good advice on how to come out? I know my Mum is happy with it.. but im worried about what my dad is going to think? xx

[COLOR="Navy"]My advice for you would be to come out to your dad with your mom there. She will be a support for you and if he reacts badly she may be able to calm him down. I was also worried about coming out to my dad and this is how I did it. My dad was shocked at first, but then once my mom talked to him he accepted it and I have never felt better.

I wish I could help more, but coming out is something you have to do on your own timeframe and on your own terms, no one can do it for you. So when it's the right time you will know.

Good luck and here's a big hug from me
Bighug[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]
ANOTHER Bighug

As ll4 has already said it is such a personal thing. Wish there was a guide book but there isnt.

My sit was the reverse. My dad couldnt give a flip "as long as you dont harm anyone or yourself" but mom freaked the f*cking Christian Up Roflmao Roflmao Poor thing is still very two faced Christian ignorant after all these decades Laugh2 Laugh2

Unless you believe that you will be put out on the street I totally recommend being as open as possible to everyone.

Best of luck.[/COLOR]

Coming out is the most difficult thing I did with my family. We have been through so many things together (and most of it was my own stupidity), but coming out was the hardest.
I got lucky, my family accepted it. Not everyone is as fortunate. The last two posts give the best advice.
Sit down with your parents and talk to them. Talk to your siblings, as well. If you have a sibling on your side and your mom on your side, you have got the entire house on your side. Like has been previously mentioned, if you are concerned about being kicked out of the house, do not say anything until you have established yourself elsewhere. If you think your mom can accept your homosexuality, talk to her first and have her sit with you and your dad. You may also want to consider offering your mother some literature from PFLAG. They have some great literature which will help you and your family come to terms with your homosexuality.
Coming out is a very personal thing and a very personal challenge. It is also one of the most liberating things that can happen to you.
Please, be safe and think very hard about what you are going to say to your parents. Remember, after you have come to terms with who you are, they have to come to terms with who you are. They have their own "coming out process" that they have to go through. Give them time and give them space. They are going to need it. And no matter what happens, do not fight with them and constantly re-assure them that you love them, no matter what.
Good LuckBighug

PJ