Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The USA has real problem with Kinder Surprise
http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2011/01/10/...order.html

Kinder Surprise egg seized at U.S. border

Last Updated: Monday, January 10, 2011 | 6:54 PM ET

CBC News

(Note: CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites - links will open in new window)

[Image: mb-kinder2.jpg]The inner contents of the Kinder Surprise have led U.S. officials to ban them from the country over safety concerns. (CBC)A cross-border kerfuffle over a popular chocolate treat nearly cost a Winnipeg woman a $300 fine and saddled her with a bureaucratic headache.
Lind Bird was recently stopped at the U.S. border and selected for a random search of her vehicle. She was warned she could have faced a fine after the customs official found — and seized — her $2 Kinder Surprise egg as illegal contraband.
Bird learned U.S. authorities have banned the candy because they come with a plastic toy inside that could, if eaten, choke a small child.
"It's just a chocolate egg," Bird said. "And they were making a big deal. They said 'if you were caught with this across the border you would get charged a $300 fine,'" she said.
"It's ridiculous. It's so ridiculous," she added.
Have you ever had trouble crossing the U.S. border?

In Canada, however, officials said the eggs are so difficult to get into there's little chance they could harm anyone. As such, they are legal.
The U.S. takes catching illegal Kinder candy seriously, judging by the number of them they've confiscated in the last year. Officials said they've seized more than 25,000 of the treats in 2,000 separate seizures.
"They have been determined to present … a choking hazard to young children," said Mike Milne, a spokesman for the U.S. department of customs and border protection. Milne said the U.S. Food and Drug Administration supports the Kinder Surprise ban.
As trivial as the border seizure may seem, Bird said the U.S. government has sent her a seven-page letter asking her to formally authorize the destruction of her seized Kinder egg.
"I thought it was a joke. I had to read it twice. But they are serious," she said.
The letter states if Bird wishes to contest the seizure, she'll have to pay $250 for it to be stored as the two sides wrangle over it.

What a fucking liberty.... Sorry excuse the langauage but this is absolutely bollocks.... If they want to ban something ban bloody mcdonalds.... Ban 4x4's ban the no end of motorways left right and centre.... Ban the whole turn left at a red light scenario and make it like the UK red means STOP end of!... Sod this if a child wishes to shove the toy in their mouth then the parent is a irressponsible parent and cant teach a child not to eat the bloody toy its the bloody sweet u eat... What about childrens toys are certtain ones of them banned as well????

Thank god the UK still keeps its kinder egg and in support of kinder im gonna go grab one for 70p....

i remember them at 40p Smile

I take it some fat kid tried to eat the plastic then? Hahaha

Unbelievable. I am curious when our newspapers copy this news. We always get this weird stuff about the US. It's like someone is trying to discredit the country. Sad
Always news like someone put their cat in the microwave oven and the company got sued for not stating in the manual that the oven is not for drying animals' fur...

I don't like these eggs anymore. They used to put really cool toys in it - brain teasers or models of cars, helicopters or some funny things that you need to complete first and then they really worked. Now it's all just about strange figurines Sad

The plastic egg is what I considered really dangerous for kids. It was so hard to open that we used our teeth to open it - and ended up with one half of the plastic egg in our mouth.
But making fuss because of the toy...

Seriously?

The cops are slacking, they should have handcuffed her as they did with that 6 year old having a tantrum http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/6-o...49882.html. Tasered her as they do the handicapped: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/06/30/co...ohio-teen/ and for Good measure, pepper spray her http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011...ity-police in a line with other terrible people bringing weapons of mass destruction into the country as these candy eggs.

Welcome to Amerika Comrades.

so I guess somewhere there's some fat border patrol guards with tons of empty Kinder eggs laying around.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Lol this is funny because my older brother married an American girl who happens to love those kinder eggs. One time my brother went to visit her in Indianan and tried to bring her some kinder eggs, they got confiscated by customs LOL.

She just got her approved for her permanent residents like 2 days ago and today we where shopping at Wal-Mart, I pointed out the Kinders, she squealed ran off and bought like 6.

Hmmmmmm...that's all I have to say about that.

... I have never heard of one of those things in my life before. So I guess whatever they are doing is working at least. I for one am happy to see our law officials hard at work keeping that plastic menace out of our borders, it is a matter of top security. Rolleyes

Between these stupid eggs, handcuffing and arresting a little girl for a tantrum, and the police using innovative "non-lethal" weapons to assault people, it seems like this country has gone crazy.