Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right or left brain image..............Can you see it?
Camfer Wrote:My Myers Briggs is IDGAF.

Omg see what I me........ Wait, I see what you did there.

wow that is great! i always thought it was a real testa and i think i saw it in some pop-science mag years ago... but i was a young stupid adult then... live long and learn! =}

i dont know the personality or the science behind, but it is interesting to see her spinning to the differend direction after math or being creative. i have tested it several times, if there is any difference at all. and yes, after the math or being creative i see her spinning opposite direction mostly "in the beginning" but after some time she starts changing the direction randomly as you can see that happening.

our earlier experience and imagination affects all and our brains handle the things we see. so it is interesting to see her spinning opposite direction after the specific way you have used your brains just while ago. true or not, but it seems to affect... a placebo effect because i know i should see something else? maybe.

well, that is a psychology today, tomorrow they have changed it anyway =P

mrex Wrote:i dont know the personality or the science behind, but it is interesting to see her spinning to the differend direction after math or being creative. i have tested it several times, if there is any difference at all. and yes, after the math or being creative i see her spinning opposite direction mostly "in the beginning" but after some time she starts changing the direction randomly as you can see that happening.

our earlier experience and imagination affects all and our brains handle the things we see. so it is interesting to see her spinning opposite direction after the specific way you have used your brains just while ago. true or not, but it seems to affect... a placebo effect because i know i should see something else? maybe.

since it's to do with perceptual bias (i.e. the way your brain expects to see things), these things are reinforced at different strengths in different individuals. for some people it might be more difficult to make the switch while for others it's easier.

i haven't tested it after creative vs. analytical practice. it would depend a lot on exactly which type of creative process and analytical practice you are engaged in. i would, however, expect something that involves a significant and/or a particular degree of visual processing to bias an individual towards initially seeing spinning either one way or the other, under certain conditions. e.g. if you're watching ballet and see a dancer spin in one direction over and over again, your brain might select that very same direction when you then watch this spinning girl image immediately after.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Why involve a whole hemisphere? I'm reliably informed we only use ten percent of our brains anyway.Confusedmile:

cardiganwearer Wrote:Why involve a whole hemisphere? I'm reliably informed we only use ten percent of our brains anyway.

right. it's hard to take anybody seriously when they come out with something like that.

and i don't have time to give you all an involved lesson in neuroscience that this topic deserves, but that's also not true. take my word for it, don't take my word for it, research actual scientific sources, don't research them....it's your life you're misleading with pseudoscientific nonsense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_percen...brain_myth

you might also want to check out LONDONER's other thread:
101 science myths

meridannight Wrote:right. it's hard to take anybody seriously when they come out with something like that.

But if you were half as clever as you think you are, you might have taken some notice of the smiley in conjunction with the very deliberate form of words I chose, these were meant to indicate that my comment was not to be taken seriously.

The post was a joke, perhaps you're too busy lecturing people on neuroscience ever to have encountered one.

I've been here a couple of hours and I'm finding this place as hard to take seriously as when I was last here.

cardiganwearer Wrote:But if you were half as clever as you think you are, you might have taken some notice of the smiley in conjunction with the very deliberate form of words I chose, these were meant to indicate that my comment was not to be taken seriously.

i can't see your body language through the computer. one smiley doesn't say a thing about a poster's seriousness. there was also no 'deliberate form of words'. it was regular form and language structure indistinguishable from common background.

if you don't think that, that's good then.

Cardiganwearer Wrote:But if you were half as clever as you think you are, you might have taken some notice of the smiley in conjunction with the very deliberate form of words I chose, these were meant to indicate that my comment was not to be taken seriously.

The post was a joke, perhaps you're too busy lecturing people on neuroscience ever to have encountered one.

I've been here a couple of hours and I'm finding this place as hard to take seriously as when I was last here.

A winking face would have provided your sarcasm more success. A plain smile is as devoid of sarcasm as the rest of your typed text. YOU know you're being sarcastic. Other's may'nt.

Blackout Wrote:Well according to both these tests, I am both brained. What a surprise. All of my brain is doing jobs. I see what apparently makes me left brained in the first test, and I see what apparently make me right brained in the second.

Does this mean you are two-headed?
I bid NO Trump!

OH, and in the original picture the real hint is that the person in the chair has hairy legs.
I bid NO Trump!