Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The alliance of sexiness and a "favourite" food : Cream
Thank you, Mr Prince Roger Nelson

Just reminding you of a good Prince classic.

Do you prefer your cream hot, or iced?

WOW PA...I am surprised that you found a Prince video that works!

As for cream..I like it hot..or cold...or lukewarm....

I think strawberries and dark chocolate are sexy... (NEVER milk chocolate GAG)

So how can I combine Jell-O and chocolate cake?
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:So how can I combine Jell-O and chocolate cake?

Easy peasy. Make chocolate cake, or buy it... make up Jell-O. Put chocolate cake at the bottom of a basin and then add the Jell-O on top. You may want to add fruit to that Jell-O. Let it stand and fridge until firm.

@LJay, I actually used to make Black Forrest Gateau with whipped cream and cherry jelly (Jell-O equivalent) and cherries (stoned). You need to make three layers of chocolate cake, or make three fairly thin chocolate cakes, whip the cream, add the jelly and fruit, let it set a while then put one layer of cream and fruit and jelly in between the chocolate cake layers. Then top it with the rest of the cream jelly and grate dark chocolate on top for decoration. Cool it in the fridge. I swear it's excellent. You can even douse the cake with a little kirsch, if you like alcohol.

I wanna hear more about the stoned cherries. Wink2

And I'm glad you mentioned the kirsch. It really goes with chocolate in the happiest way. Black Forest cakes are like dessert wet dreams.

Don't know just why I have had this Jell-O thing lately. My only real problem with it is that I consider a single box to be a small serving. That's a no-no for diabetics. [And no, I will not eat artificially sweetened anything.]
I bid NO Trump!

@LJay, are you allowed the natural sweetness of fruit in your diet?
I came across this name the other day, apparently this is a natural sugar from an Indian cane type that is ok for diabetics, but I'm afraid it looks expensive, maybe for the occasional treat?
http://diabliss.com/

Fact is that I can eat just about anything if I watch the carb counts. Whole fruit is wonderful stuff. Strawberries, nectarines and pears are the current haul from the produce department. Juices are out because they concentrate the sugars, but the whole stuff is great.

Oddly enough I have little problem bypassing sugar. With a little practice, you don't miss it. The fun part of being a diabetic is that you learn what the predominant components of food are and how they affect you. You read a LOT of labels and learn to measure serving sizes.

None of this is made any easier by one of the key symptoms of diabetes: polyphagia. It simply means that your appetite doesn't calm down and you want to eat all the time. I can get up from the table at Thanksgiving and be ready to do it again immediately. Oh, bother!

But once in a while, I get these cravings for things like Jell-O. I don't want the "legal" small sering in the context of a meal. I want a bucketful of the stuff. Thus I squirm and whine and avoid buying those tempting little boxes at the store.
I bid NO Trump!

@LJay, my point was that you could make your own Jello quite easily by crushing some fruit that you are allowed to eat, and adding some gelatine to it (there are vegetarian options if you don't like pork gelatine). Make it nice and cold, add some water and you're away. The sugar content may be just enough for you to enjoy. So it's just a question of not being too lazy about it?

Sorta. I was reading a pie recipe the other day that did something like that.

And just to play devil's advocate, there is always the pie crust. They don't make low carb flour.

But I can deal with it all with occasional flights of fantasy.

Your idea is a good one that will definitely go on the list!
I bid NO Trump!