Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The azealiabanks flight attendant incident ...
After the fight Azealiabanks had with a flight attendant because of some drama she had with a passenger on an airplane after it landed, People were bullying here left and right for calling the flight attendant "Fucking faggot". Calling her a "Homophobe", "Anti-gay" and many other harsh judgements. I mean from my own point of view I say; for fuck's sake, let it go! People either have no lives and want the tiniest bit of excuse to be entertain themselves or they just envy and hate this person so much they find it as an excuse to try and bring them down if not ruin them.

I can say, faggot all day. And then what? The world didn't collapse! Nothing's gonna happen, words have no value unless we allow them to have value. There are so many bigger and more complicated issues in the world that we really need to wrap our heads around instead of a pissed off celebrity throwing words on some flight attendant.. It really isn't worth the big fuss!

For celebrities there usually isn't such a thing as bad publicity. It's a strange world in which they go to byzantine lengths to hide that which they don't want to share with the rest of the world but at other times are put on a show of being messed up or shocking as even in the condemnation there's name recognition and curiosity which translates into sales and being called (thus money). The really clever ones even work it out with others (like Miley Cyrus at the awards show pulling a classic stunt of being over the top with her twerking and such--classic because it works, and it did for her--while having her dad on the council of the "morality" organization yelling the loudest over it and raising money for themselves).

Even Paris Hilton has saved herself from poverty by doing so. So has Trump (Paris Hilton is on page 1, btw):

http://www.cracked.com/article_22792_6-s...es_p2.html

On top of that, they probably wouldn't be celebrities if they didn't crave attention, or at least not care what people think of them (because there will always be haters). And they probably think very highly of themselves to even try (let alone succeed) which makes them a lot bolder and less cautious (especially when making an ass of themselves turns out very profitable).

That said, in this case AB is supposed to be bisexual and a gay icon (don't keep up so this may have changed--it probably will now if it hasn't already) so doing this was very poor judgment. I'd guess she just chose the words she thought would get her the most reaction and didn't think beyond the moment. Maybe she was even on cocaine, several days without sleep, stressed out, and all of that which made her, to put it bluntly, very stupid.

For those, like me, who had to look this up:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/09/22/azealia-ba...lta-video/