Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The benefits of cold showers
memechose Wrote:Since my 1st answer and giving it some thought... I realize why I have an instinctive hate for cold showers... 6 years of them in school after gym because they too believed cold showers were good for "us"...........

I'm cynical enough to suspect they were just saving money on not using a hot water heater.

Yeah some of us would get deathly ill if we took cold showers. I have a very hard time holding onto heat. I constantly have to eat warming foods and drinks, even in summer. Winter is hell on earth.

Then there is that thing called hypothermia, which is cause for alarm, especially if your blood is already pumping.

Then there is the potential that the shock can cause heart attacks: Cold Shock Response.

And taking a cold shower after a work out is the very worst thing one can do to their muscles, as the blood will rapidly leave the muscles, and not continue to flush out the dying cells that any workout produces. It is those dying cells that are stripped off of muscles that lead to soreness and stiffness. The best way to prevent that from happening is to keep the blood flowing and the body hot for a while and let the body cool over slowly over time.

So based on several medical aspects here I have to opine that cold showers are not what they are cracked up to be.

I like the movie.

[Image: 220px-Douchesfroidesposter.jpg]

[Image: site_28_rand_876998716_cold_showers_627....k=tQV5UWhn]

Cold showers are great in the summer, especially after a long session of.....basketball.

cold showers are great when the weather is hot and muggy or just plain hot