Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
holiday 2016?
I am also going to

http://www.motoclubefaro.pt/

In faro Portugal (algarve) unfortunately i will have to fly rather than ride the bike over.

And perhaps bequai in the carabien. Been invited over by some friends but have to see if i can realistically afford it! Especially as thinking Thailand next year as my cousin goes to a kickboxing training camp there and it will probably be cheaper to meet there than travel to Australia.

Stunning pics from Colombia Meridan Big Grin

I'll be going to Paris for a week in the easter break with a lot of my friends, to see the catacombs, the Eiffel tower, Louvre some shopping centers and ofc Disneyland Big Grin

In the summer i'll be going to Turkey with my Stepdads side of the family to celebrate his mothers 50th birthday Smile

Then in the spring i'll either go diving on Malta the red sea or in turkey Smile

And then around winter i'll be going to Santa cruz (CA) living in an American family and going to school There for a few weeks Smile

Insertnamehere Wrote:Oh and you might want to wait until the whole Zika virus ordeal is over if you're traveling to South America.

The first 2 cases of the infection here came through the airports, from Colombia.

I'm surprised those two mosquitoes were able to get visas and plane tickets.

Camfer Wrote:I'm surprised those two mosquitoes were able to get visas and plane tickets.

South American citizens don't need visas (or passports for that matter) to hop around each other's countries.

Plane tickets are rather unnecessary when no one can notice you getting in I guess. The wonders of small size!!!

(In all seriousness, it was obviously people that got infected there and came here, if the bloody mosquito ever surpases the geographical barriers that sorround us, it will most like come through ports)
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

No fair! I had to pay US$320 to Argentina for entry fees for my BF and me. And you can hop over at no cost. We decided not to visit any other countries that trip because of all the entry fees. We even got an offer to get smuggled into Brasil, but we declined. another trip.

Argentina, Argentina. 12 years of anti-US Kirchnerism really do go very much noticed eh?

I assume those or most of those are the infamous reciprocity fees. Until Chile got into the Visa waiver program back in 2014, there was also one of those for US citizens coming here (and for Chileans traveling to US too). I think I was 160 USD for an American to come here and the same for one of us going there. UK folks never had such fee with us, curiously enough.

Uhm our freedom of transit, I maybe wrong, has to do with MERCOSUR I think.

4 of us are supposed to be going to one of the Spanish islands for a week but one of my friends now needs a minor heart op so he cant go now...so its in limbo at the moment .....really need some sunshine and relaxation too

Insertnamehere Wrote:Argentina, Argentina. 12 years of anti-US Kirchnerism really do go very much noticed eh?

I assume those or most of those are the infamous reciprocity fees. Until Chile got into the Visa waiver program back in 2014, there was also one of those for US citizens coming here (and for Chileans traveling to US too). I think I was 160 USD for an American to come here and the same for one of us going there. UK folks never had such fee with us, curiously enough.

Uhm our freedom of transit, I maybe wrong, has to do with MERCOSUR I think.

after all the shit the Unites States has pulled down there, they deserve to pay more that a mere 160 bucks.

but this stems from US policies toward Argentina (and other South American countries, not Argentina's anti-US leanings). European countries don't have to pay any fees.

wikipedia Wrote:U.S. ordinary passport holders visiting Argentina for tourism or business must pay a "reciprocity fee" of US$ 160. This "reciprocity fee" is not a visa. This amount is equivalent to what Argentine citizens must pay when requesting a visa to enter the United States.

i kind of remember that this whole thing started with the US, not Argentina. so if Americans want to complain about the entry fees, they should complain to their own backwards government.

buenostours.com Wrote:While tourists from the USA, Canada and Australia do not need a visa to enter Argentina, they are charged a so called ‘reciprocity fee’ to enter the country. This is a bit like an entrance fee and is based on the amount Argentinians are charged in visa fees to enter those countries. For this reason, European Union passport holders do not have to pay a reciprocity fee, as there is no charge for Argentinians to visit European Union countries.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

No, I am not, sure holidays are for posh cunts.

I don't think it would be a good idea to go on holiday. Not to somewhere sunny. I'd only have to come back to Ireland again after a week. Also, I'd have to leave my laptop unattended at home which means that I'd have to clear my internet history, which is too much hassle. I can't be bothered with that rigmarole.

meridannight Wrote:after all the shit the Unites States has pulled down there, they deserve to pay more that a mere 160 bucks.

but this stems from US policies toward Argentina (and other South American countries, not Argentina's anti-US leanings). European countries don't have to pay any fees.

i kind of remember that this whole thing started with the US, not Argentina. so if Americans want to complain about the entry fees, they should complain to their own backwards government.

Oh yes, 200 years worth of Monroe doctrine and 50 years worth of cold war "containment policies". Lovely, lovely things US has done *chuckle*. I'll save that particular topic for another time, though, if it ever comes to that.

Hmm, I was always curious about who put in place the fees first, although I always assumed that it was the "more important" country. I did also wonder why Europeans (well, to be honest I only knew the case of French, Spanish and British) did not have such things in place.

Hmm, yes of course the fees are older than Mr. and Mrs. Kirchner, but the differences are very noticeable. For instance the fee, when it was in place here, was only valid if the American came through the main airport and not, lets say, if he came to Chile crossing the border from a neighbouring country. I think that in Argentina every point of entry means paying the fee, and that is a more recent policy.

Oh, but well, some day I reckon those will be dropped. I wonder if Macri can pull that off,