Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best talking shop.
What, in your opinion, is the best Instant messenger? I have MSN, YIM and Skype. YIM I am not too keen on as it comes withh spyware hidden. MSN is not too bad. Skype, I have been told, is ace in that it is a secure IM as messages are encypted. Is this true? Another I have is Pidgin, which seems to be a multiplatform thing. Advice please.

I'm an MSN boy myself, ever so slightly addicted to the thing actually so maybe that means it's not so good as it distracts me when i should be working.
But i reckon it's the best. I had skype once, wasn't overly fond of it to be honest

I use Skype, Messenger and iChat (as a mac user - which is AIM compatible).

I think I probably prefer Skype since it is designed for Audio chat rather than typing which benefits me alot, as I prefer to chat via Audio, and I love the podcast systems.

I use Mac:Messenger (or Windows Live) but it is VERY limited since it is created for a Mac platform. I'd probably only use Skype and iChat but obviously, the amount of people who have messenger and who have never heard of skype in the UK is large... so yeah.

I've always used MSN since I first got the net aged 12 I believe (now 21) but I have in my time used ICQ, Yahoo, AIM, the lot... wasn't too keen on any of them though. Especially ICQ! Never ever used Skype before. But will definitely be investing in it when I go on my year abroad this summer Confusedmile:

I use MSN. Used to use Skype for international calls as it worked out cheaper than landline, but now we get our international calls free... well, one number, but we only phone one international number anyway... rellies in Australia

I use MSN. Like Smurlos, I've tried using the whole range in my time, but things got to the stage where I was using this program to talk to just one person, and that person to talk to just another, and having them all running was just STUPID, so I've decided to plump for MSN and that's that.

Plus it enables me to keep tabs on my hotmail a/c which is COOL as I use it a LOT.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I'm with Shadow on this one. These days it's just MSN or the telephone for me.

Marshmallow, hehehe, Shadz and I have shared threeways on MSN (conversations only, you naughty boys!) and also threeways with Gibraltar and Michael in America or Germany.It's really a good medium.:biggrin:
(heavy user) PA

I used to use AIM since I started to use the internet. But since I met my boyfriend and he uses MSN, I've practically dropped all others and used only MSN. I still have my AIM and Yahoo accounts but I only go onto them once or twice a year.

Then again, I only really chat with my boyfriend. I might use it to connect to one of my co-workers rather than shouting over the partition.