Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The breakup
It could be emotional or psychological problems or perhaps he has had bad luck with past relationships that have left him insecure and frightened? Whatever the problem, you might not be able to help him change and it doesn't sound like you have the energy for that.

High drama for a 3-week "relationship." You cannot fix it.

You were all excited about him just a week or two ago. Now this. Sounds like you did the best you could given the situation. Maybe next time you can take things a little slower? Finding the right balance with a guy is hard.

Better luck next time!

Sounds like this guy had massive insecurities, good thing he is no longer int he picture.

Sometimes in life being nice is the last thing you should be doing, some people just need to be told that they're being an idiot in the way that they're acting and they're going to end up the loser in the given situation. I don't understand why people get so emotionally attached after such a small amount of time and start acting crazy over nothing, I tend to take time for the emotions to come out and by then I know enough about a person to know whether I think the relationship is worth continuing or not.

A guy I once went on 2 dates with went sour after the second date was stopped. His family were involved in a car accident while he was with me and after calling him we decided it would be best for him to see if his family was okay (they were unharmed luckily). I went straight home and just got into bed and watched some TV, eventually he text me saying everything was fine and that we should rearrange which I was 100% fine with. During a huge text conversation I got a message saying "who are you with" which was odd considering how upbeat the situation was, I explained to him that I was in bed watching TV as it was too late to be doing anything else (was around 11pm by then), Then I just got a barrage of texts asking me who I was with and what I was doing with them. Eventually I had enough of all the texts and sent a message saying something along the lines of "Okay, I'm with someone but she's the most hairy thing ever, has 4 legs and loves me more then some jealous **** could ever do over many years". You can guess what the starred word was. I think he realised I'd had enough but continued to message me and leave voicemail messages until I just blocked him on everything.

What have I learned from guys like this? If this crap starts up over nothing then its not worth continuing to see these people, especially if its early on.

axle2152 Wrote:Being nice all the time can wear you down. I've been there, tried that, being nice for me seldom gets me far... That being said I do find it easier to be nice than to be mean -- well until someone pisses me off and then I can be pretty ruthless but I don't like being angry.

Yikes! I've been told to becareful of the patient when they're angry, cuz then it can be rlly ugly!

It's good that you're nice anyway..

princealbertofb Wrote:Good luck, [MENTION=21000]verysimple[/MENTION]. It sounds as if you have got your shit together, at least.
Bighug

Always have, always will partner..! Wink

Darius Wrote:It could be emotional or psychological problems or perhaps he has had bad luck with past relationships that have left him insecure and frightened? Whatever the problem, you might not be able to help him change and it doesn't sound like you have the energy for that.

Or maybe all of the above.. Yes. Cuz I am not in a place in life where I should cater for someone else's problems.. I have enough on my plate already and he should be aware of that.. Anyway, I wanted out cuz I needed to focus more on myself and "Us" wasn't allowing that

Camfer Wrote:High drama for a 3-week "relationship." You cannot fix it.

You were all excited about him just a week or two ago. Now this. Sounds like you did the best you could given the situation. Maybe next time you can take things a little slower? Finding the right balance with a guy is hard.

Better luck next time!

Doesn't have to be hard rlly.. It's just spantaneous and it happens at the right time on it's own.. Anyway, I'm not forcing anything into happening I just wanna have fun

CorsacReborn Wrote:Sounds like this guy had massive insecurities, good thing he is no longer int he picture.

Sometimes in life being nice is the last thing you should be doing, some people just need to be told that they're being an idiot in the way that they're acting and they're going to end up the loser in the given situation. I don't understand why people get so emotionally attached after such a small amount of time and start acting crazy over nothing, I tend to take time for the emotions to come out and by then I know enough about a person to know whether I think the relationship is worth continuing or not.

A guy I once went on 2 dates with went sour after the second date was stopped. His family were involved in a car accident while he was with me and after calling him we decided it would be best for him to see if his family was okay (they were unharmed luckily). I went straight home and just got into bed and watched some TV, eventually he text me saying everything was fine and that we should rearrange which I was 100% fine with. During a huge text conversation I got a message saying "who are you with" which was odd considering how upbeat the situation was, I explained to him that I was in bed watching TV as it was too late to be doing anything else (was around 11pm by then), Then I just got a barrage of texts asking me who I was with and what I was doing with them. Eventually I had enough of all the texts and sent a message saying something along the lines of "Okay, I'm with someone but she's the most hairy thing ever, has 4 legs and loves me more then some jealous **** could ever do over many years". You can guess what the starred word was. I think he realised I'd had enough but continued to message me and leave voicemail messages until I just blocked him on everything.

What have I learned from guys like this? If this crap starts up over nothing then its not worth continuing to see these people, especially if its early on.

Hahahaha,

AND BEST REPLY AWARD GOES TO...
That was awesome man, U told them.. No I learnt that when this shit starts you just leave. Run, actually. Just run away and don't look back cuz people like this are so crazy they could do you some real harm if they could...

verysimple Wrote:Hahahaha,

AND BEST REPLY AWARD GOES TO...
That was awesome man, U told them.. No I learnt that when this shit starts you just leave. Run, actually. Just run away and don't look back cuz people like this are so crazy they could do you some real harm if they could...

I should have sent a selfie of me and the dog haha.