Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The case against SUGAR
Some will already know this and those who don't should take note:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...1792401207
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Grrrr hate how some food especially American food is full of the stuff.

Really interesting. I haven't read all of it yet, but that's a bit of an eye-opener.

Only problem I have with the article is that it doesn't site any scientific sources, only source is LA Times...Another red flag is the alternative medicine. I have come across several articles from Dr. Mercola and had some questionable or misleading information. Not saying everything is false, actually contrary, most of it is generally good information because we know that the rapid rise in sugar consumption has led to a lot of health issues. My point is to be vigilant when taking information in... folks like David "Avocado" Wolfe for instance are total frauds but many people follow him and are a reason why many people stopped giving their kids vaccines...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I really wish I could cut sugar mostly out of my diet. But unfortunately I can't afford food that isn't loaded with the powdery gunk.

TigerLover Wrote:I really wish I could cut sugar mostly out of my diet. But unfortunately I can't afford food that isn't loaded with the powdery gunk.

One thing that will help circumvent that is exercise....which is, for most, about as fun as dieting...

Not all healthy things are expensive, although not sure what is readily available over in the UK.

Also have to be on the lookout on carbs, many carbs are very simple and turn into glucose before it hits your stomach. Now some will argue that glucose isn't the issue that it is the fructose that causes all the problems although I think the jury is still out on the subject on sugar.

I do think many of us simply eat too much and I'm no exception. Food is addictive, because it makes evolutionary sense to be addicted to foods that supply a good amount of energy. What I hate is all the shaming that is associated with food, as if someone who gets fat is a lazy fat fuck sucking on the nipple of tax dollars. It is a horrible stereotype.

Sugar is cheap, so like it or not many people are stuck eating cheaper foods that have been doctored up with a bunch of additives, sugar and so on... So yeah, if you have a nice career, make a lot of money and can afford better food it is easier to point the finger and say hey put down the fork.

Me, well I try to eat well, sometimes getting up in the morning it is easier to make PB&J than to cook something...especially when I am running late. I usually do ok on lunch but dinner is often a miss, plus snacking or treating myself to things like ice cream and so on... Other issues I have is simply eating too fast. As far as I go that is probably my number one issue over anything and a root cause for me to over eat.

I do think it makes perfect sense that we're getting sick from having too much sugar (and other things) in our diet... wasn't that long ago that food was a bit more scarce and that more physical labor was required to get that food. Genetics play a role too, some of us can pig out all the time and be 110 lbs and yes they do exist...Others might find them selves struggling with their weight all their lives. It is easy, again, to point the finger at someone and say they're making excuses... If only things were more black and white in this world. I mean why would someone be diagnosed with diabetes, and get to the point where he's having fingers and toes taken off? At face value we can assume a lot of thing about someone...whether we really understand diabetes or not...whether we know someone or not.

I think that principle applies to many things... not just sugar and fat people. The truth is that the whole world is starting to get fat... It's not just the United States here, actually Mexico overtook the US in obesity.

I'll get off my soapbox for now.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Well I dont buy food with it in if I can help it. I just guess it about time, as I make most of my own food so I just don't add sugar as most of my recipes doesnt included surger. I guess its a mind set more than how much money you have or not.

artyboy Wrote:Well I dont buy food with it in if I can help it. I just guess it about time, as I make most of my own food so I just don't add sugar as most of my recipes doesnt included surger. I guess its a mind set more than how much money you have or not.

Mindset yes, but there's a lot of other factors in why someone does or doesn't cook their own food... Take a single mother who works full time...it is just not feasible for someone in that position to do all those things...
Check out my stuff!

I never really bought into the evils of one particular food item. I think there are wrong ways to consume them, as in eating it to excess, but most people can handle any food in proper proportions.

Now I want a Christmas cookie.

axle2152 Wrote:Mindset yes, but there's a lot of other factors in why someone does or doesn't cook their own food... Take a single mother who works full time...it is just not feasible for someone in that position to do all those things...

Well in the past there wasn't Microwave food etc and people still managed.

I use a slow cooker and I make stews and curries that I freze and microwave (lol). I just throw a load of stuff in it and leave it while I'm working or even over night.