Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The desperate plight of Iraq's Assyrians and other minorities
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/...sfeed=true

from comments

"Goodbye to minorities in the middle east. the next set of victims will be Egyptian Copts, and Syrian Christians plus other minorities such as druzes and Alawites. In the middle east, I am afraid we are witnessing the transition from secular dictatorships to Theocracy."

thanks to the Democrats Obama

i guess gays wont speak up till its them which i can assume it already is them

here in usa were stuck at disneyland i guess

Maybe it's the war I fought against them, maybe its the fact that they killed my friends, I have a hard time getting misty eyed about Iraqis.
Richard

ardus Wrote:Maybe it's the war I fought against them, maybe its the fact that they killed my friends, I have a hard time getting misty eyed about Iraqis.
Richard

I concur, I'm sorry I have little sympathy, having had friends go out there too.

Thats the problem with wars ... nobody wants to act like the scriptwriter wrote and it ends never - like in the fairy tales - with : and they lived lucky, rich and happy till the end of their lifes. And as long as everybody thinks "me first" there is no chance to change...
War is not a solution... its the beginning of a Tragedy.

But maybe I´m wrong .. I´m just a spiritual daydreamer

Du wirst nie zuhause sein,
wo du als ungebet'ner Gast
nichts zu suchen hast.
Du wirst nie willkommen sein,
wenn du um dich schiesst,
nur dich selber siehst.

Du wirst nie zuhause sein,
wo der Orient deine Bomben kennt.
Du wirst kein Befreier sein,
wenn du nicht verstehst,
dass du dich vergehst
wie alle Menschenschänder
aller Herren Länder...

You'll never be at home,
where you as uninvited guest
have nothing to seek.
You'll never be welcome
if you shoot around you,
only see yourself.

You'll never be at home,
where the Orient knows your bombs.
You will not be a liberator,
if you do not understand
that you yourself sinning
Like all the other abusers of human beings
all over the world ...

Yes because the Democrats intended for a theocracy.

Bah, we're just sick of fighting pointless wars in the middle east.

I don't think occupying them with an army is going to help change their government or the countries religious bigotries.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

what bases are now there? turkey? Kuwait?

yeah we shouldnt care about persecuted people around the world, just our own kind and just those who belong to same political party etc

HollandofFrance Wrote:yeah we shouldnt care about persecuted people around the world, just our own kind and just those who belong to same political party etc

We should care about ALL people... they who sell Oil... or Strawberrys, Bananas and Raspberry-Tarts. But Care not means that we play bombs-bowling in their countrys. We can´t expect respect from them if we don´t have respect for them.
Afghanistan is a trouble spot.... but Darfur too. And if a minority in Ruanda calls for help.... why we wait till this minority is buried in their Cemeteries.....
I have no answer.... but I think a cry for help is a cry for help, complete uninteresting if their governments are rich or poor and what they are selling on the world market.
We have the international Court in The Hague... but this court should be relevant for all countrys...
And if we need eally a army... this army should be very well selected...and not enforce their power by torture, crimes against humanity be noticed.

I understand people who mourn about their fallen friends and comrades... I really do ... but the next question what pops up in my head is : What are they doing in this countrys ? War is war .... and a sign of war is that uncounted soldiers of both sides lose their life.

ardus Wrote:Maybe it's the war I fought against them, maybe its the fact that they killed my friends, I have a hard time getting misty eyed about Iraqis.
Richard
[SIZE="3"]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]I'm sorry Richard but we started these wars blame Bush and Blair not those people we bombed and said we did it in the name of democracy. The only ones I feel sorry for were all those innocent children our bombs dropped on.. [/SIZE]

[/COLOR]

HollandofFrance Wrote:yeah we shouldnt care about persecuted people around the world, just our own kind and just those who belong to same political party etc

Yes, because occupying a foreign country with an army is the best way to stop the civilians killing each other.:confused:

I'm sorry, but civil unrest is not a reason for a country to occupy another.
It's policing a country for them, often angering the people while doing it.

It's quite possible that reintroducing a foreign millitary to their streets will just make things worse.:frown:
While their government isn't handling the situation, doing their job for them could just make things worse AND it wouldn't change a single thing in the country politically.

We need to change the minds of the people to be more tolerant towards others.
Fix the ROOT of the problem, rather than the symptom.
How?
I really don't know.:frown:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so