Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The evolution of the male physique since 1900

In my opinion, as from about the mid 60s, things really started to go wrong and physiques became really ugly, lacking in all functionality and aesthetic appeal.  Given the amount of calories  an/or steroids they must consume, they're hardly carbon neutral!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

@LONDONER I have to agree, once they started doing steroids it all goes to crap.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • LONDONER

To me, there is absolutely nothing beautiful about those grinning muscle mountains on steroids. But even they only look like that for competitions. With some water in their system the grossest wrinkles are smoothed over.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bhp91126's post:
  • LONDONER

The sport had added new categories so it's not just bodybuilding as you see in that clip. Now there's classic, physique, and model categories. Physique and model categories have more "normal" looking guys. They're still oily and orange, but have focused on proportions over mass.

I was prompted to open this thread after seeing a photo on TV of the Mexican actor Ramon Navarro from the 1920's:

The whole concept of male physique has changed since then.  You can see that he has no muscle definition, completely lacking in pectoral muscles, absolutely no abdominals, things that today are seen in such TV programmes as "Love Island" and "Married at first sight".

@LONDONER He does have muscle definition, just not quite in your face like today.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(04-19-2021, 11:22 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: @LONDONER He does have muscle definition, just not quite in your face like today.

OK @InbetweenDreams, if you say so, but its minimal.  He looks pretty skinny to  me.

I am not a fan of muscles or rock hard bodies in general. Overly muscular men are physically a turn off for me. I know alot of people find them attractive but it has the opposite effect on me - I find it unattractive. 

I watched the video - interesting to see the evolution.

(04-20-2021, 12:28 PM)eastofeden Wrote: I am not a fan of muscles or rock hard bodies in general. Overly muscular men are physically a turn off for me. I know alot of people find them attractive but it has the opposite effect on me - I find it unattractive. 

I watched the video - interesting to see the evolution.

I'm with you @eastofeden

Bodybuilder at competition
https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-co...5__700.jpg

and real life
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.