Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The final farewell
The following is an infuriating presentation about an emotive and touching story. It's worth persevering to the end.

http://scribol.com/a/environment/animals...brother/1/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I'm pretty sure I'm missing some back story here
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm missing some back story here

What did you miss? The first part of the story is plain and painful enough:

Quote:The touching story of the eclectic friends began back in 2001 when police carried out a drug raid on a house in Atlanta. The officers’ search took them to the basement of the house, where they found something that must have made their jaws hit the floor. There, three caged exotic animal cubs had been kept in terrible conditions.
[Image: 00-lead-BLT-RIP.jpg]
The babies – a bear, a lion and a tiger – were underweight, underfed and infested with parasites both inside and out. As well as their malnourishment and neglect, the animals had also suffered horrible abuse in their cages, which were clearly not fit for animals of their size.
[Image: 001-BLT-RIP.jpg]
The lion was further found with an sore-looking injury on his nose; he had been kept in a crate so small that the bars were digging into his snout. Even worse, the bear cub had outgrown his restraints completely, so the harness had to be surgically removed from his flesh.
[Image: 002-BLT-RIP.jpg]

Fortunately they were rescued in time but the end is sad and touching.

I know better than to read it. This stuff kills me....

I am familiar with the story....It broke my heart the first time....then later I was happy to see them all together...I don't want to know anything else sad about them. I will need a box or tissue and I am already using all the tissue for my cold.....

I remember the last time I saw them all int he jeep....I want to keep that memory....

LONDONER Wrote:[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]What did you miss? The first part of the story is plain and painful enough

Well, I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorry that I wasn't patient enough for the site to load entirely.

Sometimes I don't get people. Ok so you're a drug dealer and loaded with money so you want to get fancy exotic expensive things.

But I fail to understand why would you pay for whatever these animals go on the black market only to have them locked up and mistreated? Those animals are, if anything, quite valuable assets. That's not good bussiness.

Oh yes, and it's also just horrible in purely ethical terms, of course.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

[QUOTE=Insertnamehere;667768

Quote:Well, I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorry that I wasn't patient enough for the site to load entirely.

It's OK, it was understandable. I did say that it was an infuriating presentation. Why one had to click on "Next Page" to continue the story is mystifying when it would have been easy to present it all one one page.[/FONT]