Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The first pissed off gay man in recorded history
East and Virge:

The idea to put a sampler quoting Catullus reminds me of the time I was in a place that had a reconstructed 18th-century bakery with costumed attendants selling authentic goodies. One of the attendants' teen-aged son wandered through from the back and was talking to his mother who was tending the counter. He had a t-shirt on with his Latin Club logo on it and a phrase in Latin. I smirked and asked him if his mother know how to translate it. He said, "No. Do you?" When I grinned back and said yes, the kid disappeared like a lightning bolt.

The shirt said, "Detritus accidit."
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:East and Virge:

The idea to put a sampler quoting Catullus reminds me of the time I was in a place that had a reconstructed 18th-century bakery with costumed attendants selling authentic goodies. One of the attendants' teen-aged son wandered through from the back and was talking to his mother who was tending the counter. He had a t-shirt on with his Latin Club logo on it and a phrase in Latin. I smirked and asked him if his mother know how to translate it. He said, "No. Do you?" When I grinned back and said yes, the kid disappeared like a lightning bolt.

The shirt said, "Detritus accidit."

I WANT ME ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahhahhhaahahah!

I just searched to see if I could find them online. NOPE. I know a few people they'd be great Xmas gifts for.

Virge Wrote:I WANT ME ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahhahhhaahahah!

I just searched to see if I could find them online. NOPE. I know a few people they'd be great Xmas gifts for.

Cafe Press. I'd be glad to do the layout if you're serious.