Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future is now in car assembly!
The ‘nut and bolt’ guys that built cars in the past are not present. High tech employees only. Henry Ford would ‘roll over’.... if he saw this.....

The The Tesla assembly plant in Fremont, Califormia

Watch this and you'll better understand why manufacturing jobs will never be what they once were. How many human employees were replaced in this operation? And some people wonder why high-paying blue collar jobs are scarce.

Once upon a time, this was science fiction.

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

You should feel happy there are still humans there at all.

This maybe cynical of me, but Ford probably had wet dreams about making cars faster without having to pay workers to do them. It's the wet dreams of any bussinessmen.

So far, automatization is not complete without a human brain to make it work. So, it won't be a complete takeover.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

OK since the Tesla plant is only 5 miles away from me I can say that I have about 20 or so customers that work there and have been told that there are a lot of humans there! The parking lot is completely full every time I go by there. I would hope it is humans driving all those cars!!! When they were going to start production, they hired quite a lot of former Nummi plant workers that were" laid off" when the plant closed. I am happy that Tesla is doing well and are keeping the plant open in our community. Just my opinion!
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

They have 160 robots and 3000 humans.

Those 3000 human workers have it easy - when you consider the robots don't get paid and are forced to work 24 hours a day. Where's the outrage,,, and the empathy for the robots!!!

I shall now go back to folding laundry...............

Sin-cerely,
Jimerooo
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:They have 160 robots and 3000 humans.

Those 3000 human workers have it easy - when you consider the robots don't get paid and are forced to work 24 hours a day. Where's the outrage,,, and the empathy for the robots!!!

I shall now go back to folding laundry...............

Sin-cerely,
Jimerooo

Away with yout robo-communism! Away I say!
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

jimcrackcorn Wrote:I shall now go back to folding laundry...............

Where's the laundry folding robot?

Insertnamehere Wrote:Away with yout robo-communism! Away I say!

Only a robot could appreciate communism in its purist form.

Humans - not so good at that ~everyone's equal~ bit.

So,,,,,, I have a sex robot on order!!!! It will replace my husband as soon as it arrives!!! (weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)........

A toast to my future robo-husband,
Jimerooo
We Have Elvis !!

Camfer Wrote:Where's the laundry folding robot?

Mr. RoboMaid broke down on me...... Had something to do with being overworked, coupled with my skipping several of its scheduled maintenance intervals (by a million hours).... Poor thing.............

Life sucks without my RoboMaid,
Jimerooo
We Have Elvis !!