Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ON GETTING OLD
You don't realise how old you are until you sit on the floor and then try to get back up.
I'm at that age where my mind still thinks I'm 29, my humour suggests I'm 12, while my body mostly keeps asking if I'm sure I'm not dead yet.
I see people about my age mountain climbing; I feel good getting my leg through my underwear without losing my balance.
It's weird being the same age as old people.
Having plans sounds like a good idea until you have to put on clothes and leave the house.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams
[-] The following 3 members Like LONDONER's post:
  • Bhp91126, CellarDweller, eastofeden

I've been there.

I once saw a post on FB that made me laugh, but has truth to it. I'm paraphrasing, but it went something like this:

If you want to find out if you are old or young, all you need to do is fall down in front of other people. If they point and laugh, you're young. If they come running to help and ask "Oh, are you OK?", you're old.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 3 members Like CellarDweller's post:
  • eastofeden, jamiebfd, LONDONER

Well I've lost the ability to walk in the last year and as of nest week I give my car up. I'm only 35 lol.

Might sounds really bad but since I have been using a wheelchair I've been going out more and now I've lost the car I can start using public transport. I like the slower pace to be honest. I have been having issues with getting my wheelchair out of the car and hate driving. I've realised life is to short to be stressed out and I just want to explore the UK and Europe.
[-] The following 1 member Likes artyboy's post:
  • LONDONER

Oh, do I know the challenge of getting both legs into underwear, swimsuits, shorts. Putting on socks, tying shoes are their own little adventures, but nobody will give me a medal. Just putting on gym socks and sneakers can put me out of breath when I’m bending over. Anybody mystified why I like naked yoga so much?
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Sounds quite horrible for you all. Thankfully I don't experience these hardships yet.

The perks of being over 60 - Beerchug

Kidnappers are not very interested in you

In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first

No one expects you to run - anywhere

People call at 8 PM and ask "Did I wake you?"

People no longer view you as a hypochondriac

There is nothing left to learn the hard way

Things you buy now won't wear out

You can eat supper at 4 PM

You can live without sex - but not your glasses

(and my favorite) Big Grin Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size