Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The guy i like is engaged...
Rareboy Wrote:back the fuck off.

^^^^ THIS!

BTW, just curious, is he engaged to a guy or to a woman?

The answer to your question is in your headline: "The guy i like is engaged..." He's engaged, i.e., he has a fiancé, he is otherwise occupied.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Well, as the economist told the third-grader, "what kind of answer are you looking for, kid?"

All the above advice is sound. He's engaged, and it is pretty much assumed by all assort and sundry that anybody who is engaged is in a closed relationship. That means even if he were gay/bi and interested, that would put you off-limits.

That said, you've taken pains to point out he "doesn't seem to be fully committed to the engagement". I have no idea what that exactly means. Has he expressed regret about getting engaged? Have you seen him hooking up with other women or men? Whatever it is, the fact that you mention it - and the fact that you started this thread - is pretty indicative that you're not so willing to step away.

So what can you do? Whatever you'd like. Could you make a play for him? Of course. He might not be receptive to it - either because he's not into guys, he's not into you, or he wants to remain faithful to his betrothed. But maybe he is interested. And maybe he does want something to happen - maybe once, maybe more than once.

But SHOULD you make a play for him? That'll be up to you. You might be one of those who thinks "I'd rather regret something I've done than something I didn't do." You might be willing to risk some friendships (his and others) for a chance to get in this guy's pants. Or maybe you think the risk-reward ratio is too high, and choose to skip it.

Lex

It's kinda like saying the guy you like is straight. Either way, he is off limits to you. Move on.

BTW, every Kiwi I met was sexy.