Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The history of wars over the last millenium in 5 minutes
Did anybody else notice how Eurocentric this was, no offense but there were other places in the world more than 600 years ago, it seems that anything to do with them was left out. I also noticed that the more recent wars were depicted as more destructive, and that's a valid argument given the power of modern weapons, but what's the idea here? I don't really get it.
Richard

Richard, I think that since European countries colonised the world, it makes sense that they brought war with them in many other parts of the world... There are records of how many deaths too, probably. Yes, I guess wars became increasingly bloody with new weapons. Today the master of armament must be the US (for a while still) so unsurprisingly it'll be wars in which US armament (or Russian armament) is concerned that will be the bloodiest. At some time, I guess conflicts in China must have been quite lethal too, but that was before the H bomb. Dropping the atomic bomb on Japan also showed the world that we had developed highly dangerous weapons, so not to be used lightly. Governments have obviously used caution.

we always have been and always will be the worst thing ever for this plane we do so many things bad yet very little good we are selfish as a race