Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The kilted Scotsman!!
I take it you've suddenly come to the realisation...???
Does she know what prompted this?
Some day, it might be nice to let her know what happened...? Or are you not on talking terms?

Welcome to the forum
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the Internet. Glad that you're still part of the UK.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

It's not a sudden realisation, it is a decision I have wrestled with for some time. I did love her. Yes she knows the reason for our split, and that ain't easy.

Cheers CellarDweller

Well, Alba, Welcome to the forum again, in any case. I hope it helps you to sort out some of the many issues that you've had coming to terms with it. There are generally residue issues with parents, family, friends etc... and I hope you can cope with them. Sometimes it just feels good to be able to say: 'I'm gay. Deal with it!' 'And, no, I'm not making this up.'
Do people realise how long our thoughts have been about finally coming out? How could this be a phase?

I'm going to come across many issues as regards coming out, tho I feel energised somehow. My family & closest friends now know thru my explaining why our engagement ended. Some positive reactions, some genuine shock.....
I'm hoping they'll come to me if they have anything they'd like to ask/say.

AlbaPatriot Wrote:I'm going to come across many issues as regards coming out, tho I feel energised somehow. My family & closest friends now know thru my explaining why our engagement ended. Some positive reactions, some genuine shock.....
I'm hoping they'll come to me if they have anything they'd like to ask/say.
If your personal details tell the truth, you're 38. It must have come as a shock to some. Others are maybe more intuitive?

So far, no one has said to me that they had any inkling.
I wouldn't label myself gay as such either. I find both men & women attractive, I haven't spent enough time enjoying male company romantically or sexually & that's what I feel the need for right now.

Fair enough, labels are just that, labels. Rather like undies under a kilt, no need to carry one around if it's not comfortable...