Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The law of attraction
Lately I've been watching and reading about the law of attraction ...

Basically, it's about you attract what you think of. Keeping a steady flow of that ... Negative or positive will bring it into your life. Make it into a fact. I still don't completely understand it though cuz I am new to it and I haven't met anyone with experience to it! Still, very interesting nonetheless. It defines who you are, where you are in life, what you want, what you are willing to lose to get it and starting to work on it.

If your life isn't where you want it to be then you have to change the way you think inorder for you to have things change for you ...

Now, like I said I don't completely buy into it/ understand it but I do feel like it makes sense.. anyone with more intel on this?

I think I do something similar...not sure if it is the same thing but it might be...

My key to a lot of things in life..I have a choice how I am going to deal with things and respond to them...and I like to take a higher path if possible. I often say I think evil is boring...and I do mean that. It is a lot more interesting to take a situation and find the silver lining...the door...and the window...

There are so many ways to look at any situation in life.....and you will reap what you sow in one form or another....

Everything can be a learning experience....and if you open doors...you attract a lot more interesting things than if you stay behind them ...or trap yourself in your own mind....

Actually...my horoscope guy was talking about this for my sign (Leo) this week..kinda interesting...the question at the end is especially relevant to this topic....

As I hike up San Pedro Ridge, I'm mystified by the madrone trees. The leaves on the short, thin saplings are as big and bold as the leaves on the older, thicker, taller trees. I see this curiosity as an apt metaphor for your current situation, Leo. In one sense, you are in the early stages of a new cycle of growth. In another sense, you are strong and ripe and full-fledged. For you, this is a winning combination: a robust balance of innocence and wisdom, of fresh aspiration and seasoned readiness.

Qabalist teacher Ann Davies told a story about a U.S. Army general negotiating with a cannibal chief in New Guinea during World War II. The general wanted the chief to rally his tribe to help American troops fight the Japanese. The chief refused, calling the Americans immoral. The general was shocked. "We are not immoral!" he protested. "The Japanese are immoral!" The cannibal chief replied, "The Japanese and Americans are equally immoral. You both kill far more people than you can eat."

Using this tale as your impetus, describe how parts of your moral code may not be rooted in an absolute standard of what's good and evil, but rather bound by the idiosyncrasies of your culture and historical era.

^^^^I love this guy...he has been my "GURU" for pretty much all of my adult life...his name is Rob Brezsny^^^

I've talked to people who believe in this and also saw the vid The Secret when it was all the rage (btw, I did look up some of the things they claimed about scientific experiments and found at least one of them was not true, apparently it was based solely on glurge/email spam spreading an urban legend).

My impression is that it's both too simplistic that assumes a "one size fits all" without regards to "subconscious scripts" many people carry in their heads that can affect the outcome and also assumes that other people can't affect the outcomes (that is, it assumes that each person is an island who can shape reality, including other people, but no one else around them can affect the person in the same way or prove to be competition by also using the LOA). It has also led to some reckless behavior as they try to show "faith" by ignoring anything bad that COULD happen (and quickly demoralized or worse when it does) because they feel to acknowledge the possibility is "negative" (that is if they imagine it then it will happen so they refuse to think of it and thus become more vulnerable to the bad rather than less vulnerable, and if anything resolving to NOT think of something is a good way to make sure your subconscious does which can create all sorts of interesting psychological conflicts, and I'd think sabotage the LOA assuming the mind can affect reality either directly or indirectly).

That said, there is something to be said about "self-fulfilling prophecies" and on top of that I do believe in the somewhat paranormal manifestations of synchronicity (which the Law of Attraction could be said to be manipulating). I just think the LOA misses too much.

Pix Wrote:I've talked to people who believe in this and also saw the vid The Secret when it was all the rage (btw, I did look up some of the things they claimed about scientific experiments and found at least one of them was not true, apparently it was based solely on glurge/email spam spreading an urban legend).

My impression is that it's both too simplistic that assumes a "one size fits all" without regards to "subconscious scripts" many people carry in their heads that can affect the outcome and also assumes that other people can't affect the outcomes (that is, it assumes that each person is an island who can shape reality, including other people, but no one else around them can affect the person in the same way or prove to be competition by also using the LOA). It has also led to some reckless behavior as they try to show "faith" by ignoring anything bad that COULD happen (and quickly demoralized or worse when it does) because they feel to acknowledge the possibility is "negative" (that is if they imagine it then it will happen so they refuse to think of it and thus become more vulnerable to the bad rather than less vulnerable, and if anything resolving to NOT think of something is a good way to make sure your subconscious does which can create all sorts of interesting psychological conflicts, and I'd think sabotage the LOA assuming the mind can affect reality either directly or indirectly).

That said, there is something to be said about "self-fulfilling prophecies" and on top of that I do believe in the somewhat paranormal manifestations of synchronicity (which the Law of Attraction could be said to be manipulating). I just think the LOA misses too much.

and that's where you're wrong. It's not manipulating.. If what you asked for didn't work it's not the law of attraction's fault, it's having doubts and thinking negative. Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal. They are there and we know they are we or I for that matter choose to focus on what I really want, sacrifice what needs to be sacrificed for it and do the work needed to get it. Keeping a positive, healthy flow of thoughts does bring it to you.. You can't expect to sit on your ass and wait for it, u gotta work for it but you also need to have faith and fully expect that it will happen with no doubt and it will.. Read about it. It is mentioned in the bible, the Quraan and all the other religious books ... The law off attraction exists and it's there. We just need to know it.