Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The little things
Earlier today, something happened that made me see, maybe for the first time, that love in a long-term, committed relationship is all about the little things.

I woke up after a good night's sleep and was parched, as I normally am after a stretch of solid rest. On my way to the kitchen, I had a vague recollection of the night before - of finishing the last of my favorite soda (Coke). I was halfway to accepting that I'd have to quench my ravenous thirst with some other, second-class beverage when I opened the fridge and saw there a brand new 2-litre of my beloved pop. As it happened, Darin noticed that I drank the last of my soda the night before, and went to the store before work just so I'd have it when I woke up. I wasn't something I had asked for, or expected, but he knows I like it and he wanted to make sure I had it when I got up.

A bottle of soda. Such a simple, innocuous thing. But a gesture on his part that means more to me than my words can describe. It's these little things - selfless acts of love - that make a loving, committed relationship the unique, wonderfully gratifying enterprise that is (or can be).

If you're in a relationship, I hope it's filled with amazing little moments. If you're single, and looking to be in a relationship, keep in mind that it's these little things that often mean the most. You don't need to break your neck, or your bank to keep things interesting. It's the little things.

I'm hoping to try a gay relationship for the first time after being straight and I expect it will be very exciting and full of good things

gaycraig Wrote:I'm hoping to try a gay relationship for the first time after being straight and I expect it will be very exciting and full of good things
I (unsuccessfully) lived the straight life until I was 33, so I know you can make the transition and start living. I wish you the best of luck in your search for happiness Smile

This thread is really cute haha I like the little things just makes you smile Smile
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Thanks for sharing this story. It's so sweet of him. I hope I'll meet someone to share little moments like this too one day. Smile

Marky Wrote:This thread is really cute haha I like the little things just makes you smile Smile
Thanks! I know it sounds like such a silly little nothing, but it struck me how profound and meaningful it really is. Before Darin, I had no idea that true happiness and contentment could arise from such banality.

So cute Smile

You guys give me hope, thank you so much for sharing this story Swalter, I hope some day I can experience this for myself.

sweet story!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

That was a really sweet story Swalter, thank you, you are a inspiration to us single guys. So happy that you have such a loving relationship. Smile