Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most absurd thing ever..
I'm supposed to be cleaning my room.. *types slowly*

Okay this is absolutely ridiculous, but it's been on my mind :redface:

Does anyone ever feel that they aren't as "good" as someone else. By that I mean maybe you feel down because someone around you is better looking than you.. smarter than you.. has better social skills, etc. There's this new guy who has started in my work, and I suddenly feel a lot *less* than I did before.. if that makes any sense. It's almost as if this guy is the person that I wish I was, and it's getting me down tbh.

Any advice would be appreciated Confusedmile:

tapalapadapa Wrote:I'm supposed to be cleaning my room.. *types slowly*

Okay this is absolutely ridiculous, but it's been on my mind :redface:

Does anyone ever feel that they aren't as "good" as someone else. By that I mean maybe you feel down because someone around you is better looking than you.. smarter than you.. has better social skills, etc. There's this new guy who has started in my work, and I suddenly feel a lot *less* than I did before.. if that makes any sense. It's almost as if this guy is the person that I wish I was, and it's getting me down tbh.

Any advice would be appreciated Confusedmile:

Hey tapa,

First question is how/why does he make you feel "less"?

Is it the handsomeness or smarterness...

Actually it doesnt exactly make a lot of sense unless you can get a better grasp on it and explain yourself.

Did you have some kind of confrontation with him?

It isnt just jealousy is it :eek:

It may just take some time to build a relationship with the new guy and see where it goes.

sorry your feeling down about it all.

Owch. Yes, I've felt this. Mostly when a figure moved in on my boyfriend.

I felt emotionally inadequate; however, that seemed to arouse this sense of competition. Upon closer inspection, I found a lot of differences between me and him, such as sensitivity. I wouldn't condone nit-picking, but for me it helped to justify my own delicate ego Big Grin (as long as you do that in your head to avoid being rude.)

Or turn them into good company or a role model to work with...perhaps.

(Minor note: I'm not a qualified psychiatrist so all things should be swallowed with lots salt.):biggrin:

Of course Wink It's called being human! Then I try to remind myself that there are some things I can do that others may not manage quite as well and things probably balance themselves out. Thank goodness we are indeed all different.

Who knows ... they're probably looking at us and having the same worries Rolleyes

marshlander Wrote:Of course Wink It's called being human! Then I try to remind myself that there are some things I can do that others may not manage quite as well and things probably balance themselves out. Thank goodness we are indeed all different.

Who knows ... they're probably looking at us and having the same worries Rolleyes

Chances are that's exactly it, Marsh... they are being as uncomfortable as we are...

it is basically just jealousy :redface: but as you say marsh maybe i hold qualities that he might find appealing, etc. I'm not the type to dislike someone just because of that though, so i think im just going to get to know him a little better.. maybe we will get on quite well, and then maybe the jealousy and things will dissapear. its good to know im not the only one though Rolleyes

thanks for your responses, guys Confusedmile:

tapalapadapa Wrote:it is basically just jealousy :redface: but as you say marsh maybe i hold qualities that he might find appealing, etc. I'm not the type to dislike someone just because of that though, so i think im just going to get to know him a little better.. maybe we will get on quite well, and then maybe the jealousy and things will dissapear. its good to know im not the only one though Rolleyes

thanks for your responses, guys Confusedmile:

sounds like a good plan. Maybe you are soul mates :tongue: