Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most exciting introduction EVER?!?!
Probably not for you, but I'm excited. Here goes:

Hi! I'm Jamie (if you hadn't figured that out already), originally from Portland, OR, but currently at college in so cal (any fellow Claremont-ers out there?). I'm studying marine biology, which is pretty much my favorite subject, but I'm also into all kinds of art, creative writing, and my favorite current class - playground games (I'm not kidding, and it's exactly what it sounds like). I love nature, hiking, scuba/free diving, snowboarding, and cooking/eating lots of delicious food.

Last night, me and my close friend were talking about the sad states of our love lives (she's in love with a guy who lives across the country, I'm not in love with anyone at all) and it got me thinking. Which led me to this website. I don't know why it never occurred to me to join a forum before, but now that I have my mood has brightened considerably.

I don't know exactly what I'm hoping to get out of this website. It just seemed... cool? I dunno, you all seem like nice people. Confusedmile: My college is actually pretty gay friendly, but I've had difficulty actually finding any gay guys that I'm interested in. I have a lot of gay/bi/whatever friends, they're all just a little bit... crazy. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

So yeah, I guess I'll be asking for advice, meeting new people, etc. Should be fun! Also, I'm a mentor this year for my school's queer mentor program, which is a little bit terrifying, so I might need help with that, too. Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all!

-Jamie

Welcome to GaySpeak Jamie, I think you'll find these forums helpful and fun Smile

Hello and welcome. I hope you like it here. Smile I don't think I've ever been in the presence of a queer mentor before. I don't feel worthy Wink

LOL, thats EXACTLY what I'm like, except im pretty certain its on a smaller scale. I moved to Hamilton for Uni, but yeah, i haven't found any guys that aren't crazy. Goodluck with your search, i hope you find someone =P

Oh that's just the nature of humanity, everyone is crazy.

Hi Jamie what a wonderful introduction it's full of life and positiveness. I hope you enjoy this forum. Scatter

Hello Jamie and welcome to Gay Speak!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Thanks so much everyone! And I guess I should have specified, I just haven't found anyone who's the same kind of crazy as me. Wink

Welcome. It is good to have you.

Welcome.

Very good intro indeed.

Smile

I grew up in So Cal and it's TRUE! Everyone is crazy there, so I left.

Wink

Hope you like it here, I found this place a couple weeks ago and dig it.