Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Rocky Horror Picture Show
Hey guys have you seen the New Rocky Horror Picture show and what do you think?
An eye for an eye

I haven't seen it, so I can't say anything about it. But it also seems like one of those movies that really didn't need a remake.

Do you think it's worth watching?

I haven't seen it nor do I want to. The original is a classic and doesn't need re-making. To have done so just shows a total lack of originality.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Emiliano Wrote:I haven't seen it, so I can't say anything about it. But it also seems like one of those movies that really didn't need a remake.

Do you think it's worth watching?

To be honest I don't think it's worth seeing. Nothing will beat the original.
An eye for an eye

Having seen the original about a hundred times (in my younger days) I was skeptical about a remake. That being said, I watched about 10 minutes of the remake and thought it was so bad that I just could not watch any more (Rocky in gold boxers? Really?)! The only good part was Tim Curry (original Dr. Frankenfurter) playing the narrator. His facial expressions and how he reacted to his secretary (?) was priceless! I did watch the televised Broadway play about a year ago and thought that was pretty good. Nothing beats the original in the theaters with audience partici...............(say it!)....... pation!!
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

LONDONER Wrote:I haven't seen it nor do I want to. The original is a classic and doesn't need re-making. To have done so just shows a total lack of originality.

Hopefully it'll flop like the remake of Dad's army.

I do wonder if there are any writers with imagation any more?

It was enjoyable, I would give it an 8 out of 10. A few of the casting choices were dubious (at best), and I really didn't care for some of the costume choices, but we didn't change the channel...
~Beaux